cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox604008
Advisor

Re: a cancer in the Abrahamic religions

Actually, what I said was that whacko religions are on the rise.

Samnospam
Advisor

In no way worth serious consideration.

Not like 19th century America with Shakers, and all sorts of various utopia’s and Chautauqua's.

hardnox604008
Advisor

Shakers weren't hurtin' nuthin' except shakin' and not breedin'.  Likewise for plain old reform jews, mainline christians etc. although they all do need to guard against the creeping influence of radical ideas that become more pervasive. Can't speak so much for Islam but I'm thinking probably so there as well.

Radical dominionists, islamists and zionists would gladly make us all dead for the greater glory if they feel the need.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Actually is doesn't matter which religion is, the evil amongst us will try to advance their agenda under the cloak of religion. Thus the link to whatever religion gives them the appearance of righteousness. Therefore these pseudo muslims or christians hope to earn tolerance and support for their nefarious deeds among the masses.

After all what they are doing is supported by divine providence. Ironically what they are doing must have the whichever divine being they worship appalled.

Samnospam
Advisor

The religious movements of the 19th century had tremendous political influence. Can you say Mormon. America today is a vanilla methodist Paradise in comparison to that age. Prohibition was born of religious fervor as was abolition. While you might think the war on terror has religious roots I'd say it has more to do with economic interests and the mic. The rest of what's going on politically in this country is secular statism.
hardnox604008
Advisor

Well.....

as to what the tenets of Christianity are or in your regard, how they align with the tenets of Auburnism......

certain efforts to help elevate the harsh conditions of life that many experienced in rural poverty and the early industrial era don't seem inconsistent with the teachings of Christ, or the Torah for that matter as a lot of the leadership of those efforts came from Jews.

And my point, anyway, is that I can find no basis on which to believe that there is anything close to sound scriptural support for the notions of re-establishment of Israel and rebuilding of the temple, a great religious war of the end times and all that malarky.

That is the sort of crappola that I'm referring to. not unlike the however many virgins you're supposed to get from Allah. That **bleep** infects people's minds.

Samnospam
Advisor

And my point is that it is of little consequence if some people believe that.
r3020
Senior Advisor

@hardnox604008 wrote:

Well.....

as to what the tenets of Christianity are or in your regard, how they align with the tenets of Auburnism......

certain efforts to help elevate the harsh conditions of life that many experienced in rural poverty and the early industrial era don't seem inconsistent with the teachings of Christ, or the Torah for that matter as a lot of the leadership of those efforts came from Jews.

And my point, anyway, is that I can find no basis on which to believe that there is anything close to sound scriptural support for the notions of re-establishment of Israel and rebuilding of the temple, a great religious war of the end times and all that malarky.

That is the sort of crappola that I'm referring to. not unlike the however many virgins you're supposed to get from Allah. That **bleep** infects people's minds.

You are to people of the faith what Craig's bro is to blacks. Zero difference.