cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

a though about job creators

I was reading about the confrontation that happened at the Chinese factory a few days ago.  Not real clear on all the facts.  I think it is a big factory that makes stuff for Microsoft and the new iphone and that type of stuff.   They house workers on site and some people got upset about something and started fighting and that made the news.

Anyway in the article I read (no idea where to find the story now) it said they employ a million people at this Chinese factory.

Well what popped into my mind as I read it was "wow, that's a million jobs that should be in this country".  that is what the Bush Tax Cuts and the great "job creators" saving their money that way have gotten us.  A million jobs in China and a million unemployed Americans

And you want to elect a "businessman" that flourished in that climate at the expense of the American people.  Really I'd think twice..

8 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: a though about job creators

That's a good thought D-mom. What would it take for Apple to make their I crap here.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: lest you forget

i own several businesses and the biggest threat we face are gov regs --almost all imposed on us by demorats --and you can now see what happens to a country when the leader has NEVER held a job ie obalmo --has NEVER created a job ie obalmo --and really doesnt care ie obalmo

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

That's the same story, Mitch, told his wealthy co-outsouresers! Thank you, Mitch, and Bain Capital!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I used to be a job creator with a small trucking fleet.  Once the red tape and regulations got in the way in 09' 10', I became a job eliminator.  What is so hard for you to understand?  Obama's job czar is the CEO of the company that has sent the most jobs overseas per capit of every company.  When one can't see the forest for the trees, they are truelly lost!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Mum  -  you are playing with fire.  These irrational eggheads have delibeate ignorant bliss when it comes to seeing the emperor with no clothes.  They want change, like before, but change back to the good old days.  That is back to the future if I ever heard it.

Highlighted
Advisor

It was at a foxconn factory. Foxconn has put nets up to prevent suicides at its factories. Not pleasant places to work, but in China workers are not allowed to organize. And in China they of course don't have environmental regs to follow. Plenty of other edges production there has over production here. Ask yourself, how did China get most favored nation trading status? Remember during the 2008 election all the noise Obama made about renegotiating trade deals? Did he follow through? A business has to operate in the environment it exists in.
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I can't find it, but I read an article, where they said that consumers would have to be willing to pay $1500 or more, for their $500 i-pad.  Chances are, a made in China company would pound them in sales, with their tablet computer, that would do 90% of what the i-pad would do, at $400..

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@Nebrfarmr wrote:

I can't find it, but I read an article, where they said that consumers would have to be willing to pay $1500 or more, for their $500 i-pad.  Chances are, a made in China company would pound them in sales, with their tablet computer, that would do 90% of what the i-pad would do, at $400..

Not if our powerful government slaps an $1100 tax on it.