cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: about John Galt

Fair enough.

But if I were to join the others as far as believing what our collective problems are and blaming them on those lower on the social scale, what exactly have I accomplished?

That is other than it is just a lot easier to get along, do business etc. when we're all barking to the same dog whistles.

Highlighted

Re: Delusional

Not sure how hard it is to have the coop field man tell you which GMO seed to plant, what to spray it with etc.

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: BTW Bruce

Am in deed, but not emminently irreplacable or done without.  But the whole lot of us not exclusivley eesential to ourselves enough to be able to declare ourselves an island.

Highlighted
Advisor

I believe I have said something like that here in the past.  That is is a sorry state of affairs if a culture or society or even a state or nation or any institution is populated and led by people who's sole measure of the importnce or self-worth is the length of a list that they hold close at hand of the people that they are certain that can look down their noses at.

Apparently 'nox ran into a gang ot wouldbees of that sort and felt inclined to share his observations of them with us.

Highlighted
Advisor

One must develop certain skills as they relate to his or her personal and distinct circumstances nox.    The avoidance or minimilization of taxation.  The receipt of entitlements upon ascertaining that they really aren't entitlements like those entitlements those other people who aren't worthy of entitlements get. And most importantly, to support policy influencers and policy shapers and formulators who won't put up roadblocks, or if there are roadblocks there, in the event that you encounter them take them down when you look at them cross-eyed..

That  all takes focus and organization, which are seen as  very  important buiness skills.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@hardnox604008 wrote:

Not sure how hard it is to have the coop field man tell you which GMO seed to plant, what to spray it with etc.

That sounds like someone holding on to the family legacy.  The real movers and shakers I know do other things to get ahead of the pack. Cattle, hogs, specialty crops, diversification, marketing.  Those that hire many or most of their operations are just getting by, minus, of course, the past couple years and '08. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@hardnox604008 wrote:

Fair enough.

But if I were to join the others as far as believing what our collective problems are and blaming them on those lower on the social scale, what exactly have I accomplished?

That is other than it is just a lot easier to get along, do business etc. when we're all barking to the same dog whistles.

The poor are being exploited by the progressives to build a permanent ruling coalition.

Highlighted
Advisor

Jim says:

"The real movers and shakers I know do other things to get ahead of the pack. Cattle, hogs, specialty crops, diversification, marketing."

Sounds eerily familiar to 90+% of production agriculture from our very early history on up unitl the last quarter of the 20th century..

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@hardnox604008 wrote:

Anybody who doesn't know that Laffer is a political hack IS a political hack.

Are you claiming the actual theory is crap, or is this just a personal attack? 

And Red, I'll stand by that 100%. Any one, or thousands of me, you and people a lot bigger can go away tomorrow and the world would scarcely notice.

Believing otherwise is just due to the narcissism that your handlers are cultivating.

To a certain extent, you may have a point.  But you go to all big conglomerates and employees doing the farming and production will suffer, long term.   

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

delusional is when you bask in self importance and refuse to acknowlege the worth of others no matter how worthy they are even if they haven't built an empire based on wealth accumulation.

I'm special, I got bucks, I am important and others who served humanity gained nothing not even the respect of the haves. Success to the wealthy is accumulation and the lack of accumulation equates with lazy and worthless.