cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Re: It's not like runners have never collapsed before.

@rickgthf wrote:

https://www.completetrackandfield.com/3-reasons-sprinters-fall-apart

There are a variety of physiological reasons why sprinters and middle-distance runners collapse that have nothing to do with inadequate oxygenation.

Besides, none of the other runners collapsed so until you can show a pattern, you really can't say anything.  Do I think it's necessary for middle distance runners to wear masks? I don't know but remember distance runners don't stay in lanes and can be running really close to each other while expelling large amounts of air & droplets.  I can easily imagine a following runner inhaling virus particles.   Lab experiments visualizing droplet ejection at shouting levels clearly show the large cloud of droplets a couple of meters in diameter surrounding the test subject that could easily be entrained in the leading runner's slipstream.

You are an absolute idiot.   It takes a real dumb koolaide sucking fool to defend such absurdity.

https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2021/03/05/bjsports-2020-103758?fbclid=IwAR1Y2UkBLYrJpq4SBq5iXmfh...

ACX66895171
Veteran Contributor

Re: absolutely idiotic sheep

I can't be offended by you Craig. Your crazy bull***** tactics and high school level attempts at bullying haven't affected me in all the years I've been here.
I do however get a kick out of seeing you so easily triggered, and especially like your attempted insults as a means of weighing in on things that others try to give meaningful responses to.
RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

@rickgthf wrote:

There are a variety of physiological reasons why sprinters and middle-distance runners collapse that have nothing to do with inadequate oxygenation.

Besides, none of the other runners collapsed so until you can show a pattern, you really can't say anything.  Do I think it's necessary for middle distance runners to wear masks? I don't know but remember distance runners don't stay in lanes and can be running really close to each other while expelling large amounts of air & droplets.  I can easily imagine a following runner inhaling virus particles.   Lab experiments visualizing droplet ejection at shouting levels clearly show the large cloud of droplets a couple of meters in diameter surrounding the test subject that could easily be entrained in the leading runner's slipstream.

Since mask mandates I can tell you I plan to continue working out with a mask. It appears to be similar to altitude training. I have seen marked improvement in 8 months by working out while masked.  Heart rate reductions while at rest , walking , jogging and sprinting. Heart rate recovery is better by 12 bpm. Body fat % down. Blood Oxygen levels are up. It takes a much more rigorous workout to get my BPM into the 150's than before.  IE ; 25 mile bike ride , in past would take 63 minutes and an average bpm for the ride would be 155 , unmasked. Now , takes 58 minutes and my average BPM is 148 , masked. Consistently... same 25 mile stretch of trail... Same trends for my HIT workouts , Rowing , Weight lifting...    

IH3719492
Senior Contributor

@RJG640v8 wrote:

@rickgthf wrote:

Since mask mandates I can tell you I plan to continue working out with a mask. It appears to be similar to altitude training. I have seen marked improvement in 8 months by working out while masked.  Heart rate reductions while at rest , walking , jogging and sprinting. Heart rate recovery is better by 12 bpm. Body fat % down. Blood Oxygen levels are up. It takes a much more rigorous workout to get my BPM into the 150's than before.  IE ; 25 mile bike ride , in past would take 63 minutes and an average bpm for the ride would be 155 , unmasked. Now , takes 58 minutes and my average BPM is 148 , masked. Consistently... same 25 mile stretch of trail... Same trends for my HIT workouts , Rowing , Weight lifting...    

Thanks for agreeing that masks significantly reduce oxygen exchange.  Which is why it is dangerous to force children and respiratory compromised individuals to wear them for hours each day.  

This point was made very early on and the morons of your cult said it wasn't true.  

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Hypoxic training is nothing new.  I doubt rj would suggest competing in that environment is sane.