cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Re: Stay Tuned

RSBS Said:

yet quickly look to dismiss a crazy as the fault of the NRA and a reason to outlaw the means to defend yourself.

I love how you guys always look at ONE INDIVIDUAL CASE, and say, "There is no reason here to outlaw guns that I can defend myself with."

Point is, this IS NOT ONE INDIVIDUAL CASE!!!!  It is thousands of shooting over years and years.  Laws that allow a shooter like this, to even have access to the device that he has that quite simply turned his weapons into killing machines.  This shooting was premeditated...planned out to a very high degree.  You guys love to point to each of these killers as being nuts....simply labels that, because of what they have done.

By that definition, then ANYONE THAT HAS SERVED IN THE MILITARY, using a weapon of any kind to kill human beings, is also nuts.  "Oh - but Jen, that was their job and they were defending this country!!!"  NUTS!!!  

Most of these people aren't nuts.  They are carrying out an agenda, that fits in the ideal that they are seeking.  And if it involves their ultimate death, then that too is an acceptable consequence of their actions.  

My neighbor next door killed himself a few years ago.  He took his gun out to a utility shed, and put a bullet through his brain.  Was he nuts?  Or, could he simply live no longer with the medical issue he had, and death was an acceptable solution to him to the problem that he cold no longer live with.  Where do you draw the distinction?

Was the shooter in Vegas so into game playing, that he thought that what he was doing wasn't real - more like playing a video game?  Then yes...he was probably crazy.  But I think this guys knew EXACTLY what he was doing, and knew what the outcome was that he was hoping for.  

The NRA is at fault, with an extensive lobby that give lots and lots of blood money to Republican members of Congress's campaigns.  Why?  Simple....so their constituents - gun manufacturers and sales outlets, can continue to peddle the wares of violence, and death across this country.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/opensecrets-blog/the-nra-placed-big-bets-o_b_12888600.html

You need an AK47 with a silencer to defend yourself?  Uh-huh...

Tick Tock.....BONGx9!!!!!!!!!

Jen

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

AK47's are junk and would never own one...

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Fine - since I'm in the market for a semi automatic rifle with the stock like the shooter in Vegas used....can you direct me to the best weapon you can.  Money is no object.  I want the best to kill my moles...

Tick Tock.....BONGx9!!!!!!!!!

Jen

r3020
Senior Advisor

You're a smart girl. You can figure this out all by yourself. Do some research. Go to the shooting range and try them out. You might find something different works for moles. And forget the bump stock, you can do the same thing with a rubber band.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Just looking for some friendly advice from our resident expert.  I'd hate to go to a gun range, and have someone take advantage of me, because I'm female, and really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to killing devices.  But I am a quick study....and a bit of help and some practice, and I'll be up to speed in no time...

Jen

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: amazing comparison

We have, do you think felons should be able to vote after serving their time? What about owning guns? Do you think that people seeing drs and taking drugs for mental problems should be allowed to have guns?