cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

an honest question for those who profess to be liberal

It's my belief that most of you have a deep hatred for President Trump.

Why?

I hated the things that Obama did.  Things.  Not so much the man.

I had what I believe were good reasons, his divisive racial programs, his bowing to foreign leaders, his increase taxes, his take over of the medical insurance business.  

What has Trump done that you are angry about, what has he done that affects you?  

Don't bother with some story about collusion or lies.  It's obvious that the collusion was done by people on the left trying to unseat a duly elected President and when it comes to lies, well you've had to have your head in the sand to ignore past presidents.

So, what has he done to upset your life?  

10 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: an honest question for those who profess to be liberal

You are not at all being honest.

You just posed a classic Catch 22......

If nobody responds you will come back with a bunch of argle bargle about how libtards couldn't come up with anything and hence are a bunch of losers.

If they respond and put up examples of what you claim to want , you being a Trump supporter will neither consider nor accept the facts they put up because if you liked facts you wouldn't be a Trump supporter in the first place.  

I will play your little game with a couple examples that irk me to no end ;  His tweeting;  It causes swings in the markets. His tweeting; A sitting POTUS attacking private citizens and private businesses.  The first one can be used to manipulate and grift , the second is just so beneath the Office and Dignity of the office.......

Senior Contributor

There's no attempt at Catch 22 on my part.  I wanted to hear what things President Trump was doing that hurt you as an individual, what he was doing that incurred so much hatred.  

When people physically attack you for wearing a hat it corresponds to gang members shooting and attacking people for wearing "their" colors.  I felt that Obama and William Jefferson Clinton were despicable people in a multitude of ways but never considered attacking anybody who had a sticker or any apparel supporting those two.  I never dumped friends that voted for them. 

The comment that he swings the market is disingenuous when you should be aware of past presidents doing the same thing and recently the Federal Reserve Chairman  Jerome Powell moved the markets with his comments.  Many people say things that affect the markets, most for their own purposes.

And your assertion that it's below the office of the President shows a complete ignorance of history.  Maybe you weren't alive when William Jefferson Clinton was in office and your education probably ignored his exploits.

At any rate, neither of your points are relevant to my question, what has President Trump done to you.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@RJG640v8 wrote:

You are not at all being honest.

You just posed a classic Catch 22......

If nobody responds you will come back with a bunch of argle bargle about how libtards couldn't come up with anything and hence are a bunch of losers.

If they respond and put up examples of what you claim to want , you being a Trump supporter will neither consider nor accept the facts they put up because if you liked facts you wouldn't be a Trump supporter in the first place.  

I will play your little game .......

You already did

Honored Advisor

The peanut gallery haters, hate because their favorite movie star goes on the Stephen Colbert Show and goes on rants, the peanut gallery, social media crowd wants to have 10 minutes of fame, so they follow the herd.  The professional haters get their nest feathered through globalism, free trade and open immigration, cheap labor so they rile up the peanut gallery, Kardashian wannabes....who aren`t too hard to rile up.

For one thing sadly half the country was comfortable with the direction things were going under Obama.  The peanut gallery was getting cheap or free healthcare (and still are, by the way) so to pile on with faux outrage about "grabbing p***y" and not showing income tax returns was a easy jump when the guy with the orange hair might take away your state funded abortions...or whatever got them on their high horses.

The US Chamber of Commerce crowd is shocked that campaign promises are being kept, supply of under living wage job workers will dry up now that immigration laws will be followed.  And their Chinese based factories will have tariffs on goods coming into the US, which will make those foreign goods less competitive for the first time in a long time....the money changer`s tables have been overturned!

The peanut gallery haters haven`t had one thing to complain about under Trump.   The 33 degree Mason, Chamber of Commerce crowd probably have had some of their "moonshine stills busted up by Sheriff Trump" in the way of less cheap labor and less of a market for Chinese junk sold in the US.  

Why the savage hate of Trump?  Why do the heathen rage?  People are like sheep, there`s a percentage that want to be told when to brush their teeth, when to go to bed and to wipe their butt after taking a dump.  They are childish and want to be taken care of, their last name isn`t "Kardashian" they`ll never make over $40,000/yr so the best vehicle to have a comparable life is to use their vote at the ballot box to elect professional thieves aka politicians to legally steal for them...and Trump doesn`t play that game...well he does, but he`s not good enough in their book.

A lot of it is, when Obama was in office many thought "we finally made it! A Republican will never be elected president again!  We are safe on home base!  From now on Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago and Johnson county Iowa will elect the POTUS!" .   But the weren`t safe on home base, Johnson county Iowa didn`t determine the POTUS in 2016...deplorables  voted and we rejected Johnson county Iowa values.   That`s a bitter pill to swallow.

The Democrats assumed that Obama either won over +90% of the US or sent any dissenting view to liberalism packing with their tail between their legs.  That didn`t happen, liberalism was rejected in November of 2016, when you go from thinking that you`re popular to  half the country rejecting you, it`s taken personally and manifests itself as the hate we see on late night talk shows and CNN and such.

Veteran Contributor

Your question is not honest. You are taking a stance which we have known all along.  You are a republican full stop. You hate all things democratic fullstop. It’s probably hereditary too. 

POTUS has been proven to be dodgy to say the least.  He has a mental disorder that clearly strokes his ego continuously. He treats us like his subjects rather than those who elected him. 

He has basically done nothing but line the pockets of his lackies and children. His presidency will be remembered for not one right reason. 

Senior Contributor

I see liberals still attack the person and refuse or can't answer simple questions.

As plain as I can make it, what harm did you experience because Donald Trump was elected President?

Under Obama my taxes went up.  Our kids got crummy school lunches.  It became dangerous to be a white person in more areas.  Our health insurance premiums went up and the deductibles did too.  Gas prices rose because Obama closed areas to drilling.  

Not what don't you like because he isn't a liberal.

Honored Advisor

President Trump hasn`t done anything to affect liberals yet....oh a liberal farmer might blame the drop in soybean prices on Trump tariffs (while ignoring the China imposed bean tariff was a result of our $400 billion trade deficit with them)  A baby killin` mother might have to drive 2 hours further to finish that task, since Hillary didn`t win.  But no, homosexuals are still getting married with wedding cakes, more people are legally smoking pot than were 5 years ago.  Those that want things to go to hell are doing quite well. 

It`s just they wanted to go to hell faster and on that, I guess Trump has tapped the brakes a bit, but a debauched  society should be able to get in enough moral trouble under a Trump presidency.

Trump is just the poster boy that guns weren`t taken away, taxes raised, churches shut down, combustion engine banned  and whatever else damned crap they can dream up.  The hatred for Trump is passionate and personal, not something that can be compartmentalized.

Senior Contributor

BA Deere,

I'm afraid you are correct.  

The baby killing woman (she's not a mother 1) really can't blame President Trump though, those were state enacted laws and the federal funding ban was in place before President Trump.

1 I was privileged to have a mother and she took care of me when I was a poopy little kid, when I was sick, when I was sad, she made my life great. She told me that I made her life great and kept her young, she lived to the age of 99.

Veteran Contributor

You can’t be seriously including religion in your beliefs about trumps tenure.  

The whole world is laughing about putting him there.  It is proposterous to blame China with their retaliatory measures against trumps tarriffs when prior to that power play ego inflating measure everything was fine.  

I know you guys are a little protective of him but this guy possesses every trait you would search for in a sociopath.