cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: ......and bashes Mitt

Crazy, huh?  One of the Presedential candidates is almost exclusively focusing on the problems you describe and your party and many in his own are severely discounting if not all out ridiculing him. 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@BA Deere wrote:

The United States has the cheapest safest food on the planet thanks to the Americans farmer.  No one with as much as an ounce of credibility will argue with that statement and here is something else I and everybody whose IQ is larger than their show size "just knows".  The American farmer produces this food supply at the mercy of politics, tomorrow a leading congressman could get in front of the camera and make a statement and the price of corn could drop a buck, or the stroke of a president`s pen could also make the price of corn drop a buck.  What the American consumers get from the American farmer is so great compared to what little the US taxpayer has had to pay out there is no comparison.

I don`t call people on food stamps "welfare whores" they are hungry and we are in the land of plenty. What I am saying is we have a record amount of people on food stamps and that is not a healthy economy no matter how you want to spin it.  Take those that work for Carrier Air conditioner, 1400 will lose a pretty good job most will not find a better one, they will have to take a part time job at Dollar General and bus tables at IHop.  They will probably have to go on food stamps to suppliment that very small wage.

I say have a economy where we don`t leave over $700 billion on the table in these trade deals, then by keeping living wage jobs here, they won`t have to go on food stamps and the taxpayer will save money in a huge reduction in those safety net programs.

We have a epidemic of people on food stamps and also billionaires, neither are good for the economy.  Instead of figuring how to steal money from the billionaires, how about figure a way to cultivate a economy where it`s harder, but not illegal to become a billionaire and living wage jobs are abundant like pre-1990? 

I remember back when the Des Moines area had real, productive manufacturing jobs. Such as Massey Furguson, and the Chicago Great Western Railroad that served them. Bookey Pack, Meredith Printing (where I used to work), and the Rock Island Railroad that served them. Maytag's in Newton (where my Dad worked), all the support businesses that supported all of them. All gone. I'm sure I'm missing to mention several other manufacturers as well. 

That is just the Des Moines area. Take the rest of Iowa and it will make you sick to think of how our government has taxed and regulated manufacturing away from here. 

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Bernie Sanders is a first class fruitcake

Its one thing to recognize a problem that 99% of America recognizes, and quite another to think that the solution is to chop the head off the geese that lay the eggs, thinking that extracting a few eggs immediately is sound economic policy.

The problem in America is that so many educated people don't seem to know a dammed thing. How a fruitcake like Sanders can get elected to the US Senate and stay there is a prime example of what is wrong with America right now.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@BA Deere wrote:

The United States has the cheapest safest food on the planet thanks to the Americans farmer.  No one with as much as an ounce of credibility will argue with that statement and here is something else I and everybody whose IQ is larger than their show size "just knows".  The American farmer produces this food supply at the mercy of politics, tomorrow a leading congressman could get in front of the camera and make a statement and the price of corn could drop a buck, or the stroke of a president`s pen could also make the price of corn drop a buck.  What the American consumers get from the American farmer is so great compared to what little the US taxpayer has had to pay out there is no comparison.

I don`t call people on food stamps "welfare whores" they are hungry and we are in the land of plenty. What I am saying is we have a record amount of people on food stamps and that is not a healthy economy no matter how you want to spin it.  Take those that work for Carrier Air conditioner, 1400 will lose a pretty good job most will not find a better one, they will have to take a part time job at Dollar General and bus tables at IHop.  They will probably have to go on food stamps to suppliment that very small wage.

I say have a economy where we don`t leave over $700 billion on the table in these trade deals, then by keeping living wage jobs here, they won`t have to go on food stamps and the taxpayer will save money in a huge reduction in those safety net programs.

We have a epidemic of people on food stamps and also billionaires, neither are good for the economy.  Instead of figuring how to steal money from the billionaires, how about figure a way to cultivate a economy where it`s harder, but not illegal to become a billionaire and living wage jobs are abundant like pre-1990? 

My son used to work where they built the pallets for carrier. That shop employed about 8 people. Those jobs will be gone. Plus the jobs created cutting the lumber the shop purchased , and the hauling jobs delivering lumber to the shop and delivering the pallets to carrier. A lot more than just the people employed by carrier will be affected.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Big negative about Kasich

Kasich is a dyed in the wool free trader and probably not a good candidate to protect the interests of American workers and to bring the jobs back home through leveling the playing field by whatever means is necessary.

Maybe he can have a "come to Jesus" moment and change his stance on this crucial position. That is probably about the only way he would get widespread support from the undecided voters that would elect him over Sanderclaus.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Bernie Sanders is a first class fruitcake

Reading yours, 20's and BA's posts and watching your candidates compare penis size no national TV in a debate to help decide which will be the rightwing presidential nominee, makes your last comment SUPER HILARIOUS!!!  You are beyond belief!!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Isn't capitalism wonderful?

Farmers are taking it on the chin and have that woe is me attitude. Well Low wage workers haven't had a raise in a decade and I haven't noticed a whole lot of farm sympathy for the minimum wagers!

In six months time one poster thinks we need a price correction or farmers are doomed. Well minimum wagers have been on the cycle of doom for a decade. What do you want to do about that?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Do you dispute economists that say McDonalds raising their minimum wage to $15 would, if they passed the entire cost on to the consumer, would raise the cost of a Big Mac $0.17????

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

No I don`t doubt it, however "would McDonalds only raise the Big Mac 17¢ ?"  See, when corn went to $7 the movie popcorn really went up, Corn Flakes went over $4 when the total amount of corn went from a nickel to a dime in that box.   I`m not going to die on the hill against the minimum wage, because I don`t think it much matters at this point.  But all businesses aren`t McDonalds, a small store with 3 high school employees can`t amortize their labor costs like a McDonalds or Walmart, the small businesses would have to let go some employees.

The thing is, I agrued with liberals that wanted NAFTA and they claimed, that will disincentivize Mexicans coming in if they sold us more....well THAT clearly did NOT happen.  If you raise the minium wage to $15 it would have the effect of opening a sardine can and then wondering why all the neighborhood cats are on your porch.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2013/07/30/how-much-would-a-big-mac-cost-if-mcdonalds-worke...

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Isn't capitalism wonderful?

Don't forget about all of the dental assistants that are out of a job and now have to work at wal-mart.