cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

another conspiracy theory

could be that the GOP establishment needed to get Trump in a position where they could dump him but it will be too late for him to get on most ballots for an independent run.

If that happened to be the case I predict it will fail as all of the other strategizin' has.

7 Replies
Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: another conspiracy theory

Is your nickname , per chance, "Moonbeam"?

Packard27
Senior Contributor

Donald Trump is an unlikely third party phenomenon who has somehow managed to seize the nomination of one of America's two major political parties. In doing so, he cleverly eliminated half of the competition that usually dooms the normally Quixotic dreams of men like himself (e.g. Teddy Roosevelt, Strom Thurman, George Wallace, John Anderson, Ross Perot, Ralph Nader).

In order to become President, Trump must defy the odds (recent Iowa electronic betting markets <30%) by running against not only the entire Democratic Party machine and its supporting MSM power elites, but he must also run against what appears to now be an organized passive-aggressive campaign from his own Republican establishment which he now threatens. Likelihood of beating all three of these powerful entities?....As of today, I would hesitate to offer even 10:1 odds. 

Hillary Clinton, on the other hand, may be a corrupt, self-serving, and deceitful political scoundrel, but always remember this one important truth. She is OUR corrupt, self-serving, and deceitful political scoundrel. In the highest traditions of George Washington Plunkitt, late of Tammany Hall fame (or is it infamy?) and the late Mayor Richard J (Boss) Daley of Chicago notoriety, Mrs. Clinton can be counted upon to do "the right thing" once in office...if you catch my drift?

Therefore, ignore whatever leftist rhetoric that comes out of Hillary's mouth over the next four months. She doesn't really mean any of it. It is only just so much more "boob bait for the bubbas" who wish to believe in such fashionable nonsense. Instead, put your trust in Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, George Soros, and Wall Street. If you are a member of the investor class (i.e. top 10% American household), Hillary Clinton is really the only choice come November. 

hardnox
Advisor

Have you read a newspaper in the last couple of days?

Could be that da boyz are just trying to discipline El Donaldo and bring him to heel, but they're sure talking like they want to dump him.

hardnox
Advisor

And farmers, I would think. Bill came through with a double on farm payments when things got just a little bit tough and threatened to take out a few high flyers.

And I would think that most of the corporates and the professional upper middle class will quietly come to that conclusion.

One problem arises if she's elected without a lot of coat tails. If that's the case, a typical day in Congress will be to meet for 15 minutes where they pass the repeal of Obamacare, vote to impeach the president and then adjourn to either play golf or go across the street to spend eight or ten hours dialing for dollars.

With a substantial enough portion of today's GOP congress, even Bill's fake "oh, the Republicans made me do it" won't cut it.

They'll want her head and won't settle for anything less.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

"Da boyz" also know that Trump or Frau Schlickmeister is going to pick the next 3 or 4 Supreme Court judges that will permanently preserve or destroy our Republic.  "Da boyz" will cool off as that reality hits them. 

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

good one!

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I really thought you were a nice, rather intelligent all around good guy but in the last year, your true qualities have risen above the cream and they are disgustingly horrid!  I keep hoping that you are just jerking everyone's chain for schikles and grins but you aren't laughing, the talk is real!  All I can say is that you should be very careful of what you wish for!!