cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

as long as gto brought it up

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/04/new_study_from_germany_could_be_death_blow_for_global_wa... 

New study from Germany could be 'death blow' for global warming hysteria

The Max Planck Institute in Germany is among the world’s most prestigious scientific research institutions, and a new study coming from its Institute for Meteorology cannot be dismissed by warmist profiteers like Al Gore.  Michael Bastasch reports at the Daily Caller:

A new study out of Germany casts further doubt on the so-called global warming “consensus” by suggesting the atmosphere may be less sensitive to increases in carbon dioxide emissions than most scientists think.

A study by scientists at Germany’s Max Planck Institute for Meteorology found that man-made aerosols had a much smaller cooling effect on the atmosphere during the 20th Century than was previously thought. Why is this big news? It means increases in carbon dioxide emissions likely cause less warming than most climate models suggest.

What do aerosols have to do with anything? Well, aerosols are created from human activities like burning coal, driving cars or from fires. There are also natural aerosols like clouds and fog. Aerosols tend to reflect solar energy back into space, giving them a cooling effect that somewhat offsets warming from increased CO2 emissions.

In other words, there is a self-canceling effect from the emissions when it comes to raising temperatures.  There are many other holes in the global warming theory as well, including the natural factors such as sunspot activity that have produced dramatic climate changes throughout geological history.  The unknowns overwhelm the known factors.

But one thing we do know now is that the heart of warmist model, the purported sensitivity of temperature to CO2 levels, was incorrect.  Thus:

“Going forward we should expect less warming from future greenhouse gas emissions than climate models are projecting,”write climate scientists Pat Michaels and Chip Knappenberger with the libertarian Cato Institute, adding that this study could be a “death blow” to global warming hysteria.

11 Replies
Advisor

Re: as long as gto brought it up

Maybe an author from the dailykos by the name of swamp rat, jellybean,  or dogdodosmells will blow that study out of the water.  Remember it's just the scientific facts we want to hear.

Senior Contributor

Oh, not to worry, my friends, I will not allow you to forget what is happening, and when your crops wither and die, I won't be sad. OK?? Maybe you can get a job lickin' the Koch bros. shoes.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/04/02/1375059/-Antarctica-hits-63-5-degrees-Fahrenheit-as-Mitch-M...

Advisor

Advisor

You eman RomneyCare?

He was for it before he was against it.

Senior Contributor

You know what? I don't need to be a scientest to see what is happening, and anyone who is truthful with themselves, know it to. So, are you bullheaded? Do you not see how the storms are more violent, certain parts of the country are in drouth conditions like nothing has ever seen before? Or are you just going to circle your little part of the world and believe only what your political party preference wants you to believe, because they are in the pockets of the polluters? Can you think for yourself?? Do you have that ability?? I doubt it.

Senior Contributor

Typical for the sheep, nox. They won't wake up until they open their pocket book one day, and it's empty.

Senior Contributor

How long before you people wake up, and understand Foxdoesn'tknowshlt news are nothing but liars!!

http://mediamatters.org/research/2015/04/01/32-reasons-fox-is-wrong-about-global-climate-ne/203125

Senior Contributor

Re: SHHH-NOT SO GREAT WILL RUN

BACK TO THE DEMONCRAT CLOSET

Advisor

I don't have a political party association. I think anyone that has a one party line has to be completely blind to the truth. There will always be weather conditions that change -  mankind will have to adjust to them.  Just as the ice sheet melted over north america someday it may come back.

Back to the politics- I think what the boys in the Indiana statehouse did was extremely stupid. Didn't anybody read what they were about to do? They should have known the backlash was coming. But I guess it was like Nancy Pelosi said--"we have to pass the bill to see what is in it"