cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: burning the Koran/quran

@schnurrbart wrote:

With fanatical people, things like this only gives them more of an excuse to increase the violence and gives them further proof of how "evil" we Americans are.  Of course, it will increase the already very real danger.  And for what?  Fifteen minutes of fame for this crack pot rightwinger?  One has the RIGHT to do most anything in this country but several things come to mind that really shouldn't be done--if you have half a brain.  We have been taught in this country since we were little kids that Americans DON'T act like most of the rest of the world.  We are compassionate, understanding people and we try to treat everyone the same and good Christians don't go around doing these things.

Does that go for building a Ji'had Victory Tower within spitting distance of the worst attack on American Soil since Pearl Harbor (which we entered WWII over)???

You will not see anyone in the obama regime do anything to stop this preacher, as it will only help them down the road in their quest.....total control over the US of Amerika.

Obama Über Allen!!!!

Veteran Advisor

Are you saying that he doesn't have the First Amendment rights that you enjoy?  Do you pick and choose who has what part of the Constitutional rights all of us have?  Unless he violates state or federal law by having an open flame in a fire danger area, I doubt there is any law against what he plans.  However, he is pretty stupid if he does it.  BTW, where did you find that they were building a victory tower?  And thanks for putting my words up again for your side-kicks to read again.

Veteran Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

Are you saying that he doesn't have the First Amendment rights that you enjoy?  Do you pick and choose who has what part of the Constitutional rights all of us have?  Unless he violates state or federal law by having an open flame in a fire danger area, I doubt there is any law against what he plans.  However, he is pretty stupid if he does it.  BTW, where did you find that they were building a victory tower?  And thanks for putting my words up again for your side-kicks to read again.

Bart if you are refering to the book burning preacher he is apparently going to break a local law about burning stuff in an open fire. At least that was in the story published here in Canada. That would make the book burning illegal wouldn't it.

Senior Contributor

Re: burning the koran/quran

glad you finally see the muslims for what they are ----good post crafty

Veteran Advisor

Re: hateful??? wehave

Why would you say

wehav wrote:

Irony, a hateful religious group bashed by a hateful atheist

I did not know I said anything hateful. I tried to point out the insensitive actions this minister of god was going to carry out and what it might cause.

Was that hateful?

I try not to be hateful. I do not have much respect for people who do not respect others though.

You do not have to hate some one to disagree with them, although some people apparently do.

Senior Contributor

CAnuck, last night on TV I saw where they said they could not stop him from having the fire but that the ink in the books would make it a hazardous fire and that the local fire department has stated it would not allow the hazardous fire to take place.

What I would love to see and I know it will not happen is that this crack pot holds his Koran burning and no press and cameras show up for it.  I'm thinking this nut case is doing this mainly for the publicity.

Senior Advisor

Great idea Dag! No media shows up.