cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: heh heh heh

@BA Deere wrote:

I just really find this funny Canuck, Chipster innocently posts something about soil erosion and you come in and cold-cocked him Smiley Very Happy then try and start it up here.  I guess I have to do my bimonthly Bible lesson, ok here we go.  The Earth is 4  1/2 billion yrs old, I`m the Deacon in my Lutheran church and must confess, I don`t know exactly where this "young earth" "6,000 yr old" business comes from.  My guess is they count all the begats in Genesis and add 7 literal days.  But that is wrong, I beg folks to read Genesis carefully, on the 6th day man was created, God rested on the 7th ...Then created Adam and Eve..that was the start of the 2nd earth age, Adam was created to `till the soil` and Jesus can be traced back to him, also the 10 tribes of Israel.  What I`m saying isn`t easy to swallow or politically correct, if you`re getting the jist of what I`m saying.  Noah`s flood, Noah`s family was the only pure family left for Jesus to decend from, so a local flood happened read about Gen chap. 6.   This is the problem, churches at some point decided it was easy to make nice little stories, however atheists like you can come in and make a mockery of them "Oh so the earth is 6,000 yrs old??  Here`s a 50,000 yr old wooly mammoth tooth, how did that happen?? ROTFLMAO".  I Love the folks that argue young earth, but they really need to arm themselves better because the atheists are out for battle.    

So what is the matter with correcting someone when they are talking nonsense about the geology of the earth.

If incorrect info is stated and corrections not made then some people start to 'believe' that it is 'gospel' (read true).

So I corrected and he tried to string a lot of maybe and perhaps together that do not hold water in geology to claim the whole earth was covered in water (noah's flood) a story which has no basis in science.

I brought it here rather than clutter up marketing but I see he has not followed, at least so far.

"atheists out for battle", no I do not think that is true. I am out for telling the truth, understanding science and learning more.

Religious people seem to be able to post these unfounded statements and I get pooh-poohed for pointing out the truth?

Honored Advisor

Hey Canuck, the "flood" was local, see the Bible wasn`t orginally written in English, now if I were to say "I ploughed the earth" that would not mean that I plowed China and Africa or even all of Iowa, I would just be saying that I plowed my field of earth, a Strong`s Concordance helps one understand the true meaning of the Bible.  Just a quick example saying ` a richman gaining access to Heaven would be like getting a camel though the eye of a needle`  well in Bible times the eye of a needle was a small opening in a defense wall to slow down a attacking enemy.  So if you atheists want to take things out of context to discredit Christianity it`s cheap shots and in NO way PROVES the non-exsistence of God.   

Senior Advisor

You can not prove with science how the universe began. You only have a theory. Your belief in your theory is no different than my belief in my theory. But I have eye witness accounts of God's miracles so my theory is more easily believed than yours. You have to believe in a scientic impossiblility of everything being created from nothing.

Senior Advisor

You are assuming it was created. It may be as simple that it always existed in one form or another.

I can understand that you have faith. It's when you use that faith as proof positive of creation, that you are walking into a trap. You have no science to substantiate your claims.

Believe you faith as you want. I hope god rewards you as you expect. However, do not be so adament about your claims. You have nothing factual to support them.

Senior Advisor

You can produce zero scientific evidence that the universe always existed. All you have is a theory.

Senior Advisor

I'm not claiming anything. You are.

Senior Advisor

No, just telling Canuck why I believe God created the universe.

Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

Hey Canuck, the "flood" was local, see the Bible wasn`t orginally written in English, now if I were to say "I ploughed the earth" that would not mean that I plowed China and Africa or even all of Iowa, I would just be saying that I plowed my field of earth, a Strong`s Concordance helps one understand the true meaning of the Bible.  Just a quick example saying ` a richman gaining access to Heaven would be like getting a camel though the eye of a needle`  well in Bible times the eye of a needle was a small opening in a defense wall to slow down a attacking enemy.  So if you atheists want to take things out of context to discredit Christianity it`s cheap shots and in NO way PROVES the non-exsistence of God.   

Lots of examples of local flooding through the ages BUT this started with a claim that the entire earth was flooded (Noah's flood) and there is no evidence of this flooding of the entire globe at once happening.

So I am not taking anything 'out of context' since I was just correcting the mistaken idea of total global flooding.

And there is no way anyone can prove the nonexistence of something.

If XYZ's (that is pronounced xy zed, I am CanadianSmiley Wink) do not exist then how could you prove it since you do not know what they look like or where they might be. The only thing you can do is prove they DO exist. I'm waiting.

Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

You can not prove with science how the universe began. You only have a theory. Your belief in your theory is no different than my belief in my theory. But I have eye witness accounts of God's miracles so my theory is more easily believed than yours. You have to believe in a scientic impossiblility of everything being created from nothing.

Well r3020 when you are dealing with complicated theories there will almost always be things that are not 'cut and dried' but if you read about the creation of the universe with an open mind it is apparent that the preponderance of evidence indicates that the universe as we see it began from what has been termed 'The Big Bang'.

As a sidebar the actual theory does not indicate  a bang to start it or that something did not exist before but rather that there was a rapid expansion of matter from a very hot compressed state which formed the basic atoms and molecules that formed what we can see today.

The term Big Bang was given to the theory by a broadcaster who was ridiculing the theory and it has stuck although it does not describe what scientists claim happened.

Now would you care to explain how any god could just pull all this matter in the universe out of his/her/it's hat and 'create' it.

BTW I have sat on juries and your eye witness accounts would not get anywhere as allowable evidence.

I can see the lawyers. 'Was this written down when it happened?'

'Can I see the original notes?'

'What, no original notes? Copied over by hand? How many times? Selected by a committee of men hundreds of years later to be put in this book and then translated how many times and 'tweaked' to suit the ruling class of the time period.

And you think it is what? Gospel!

Well it sure is not evidence!' 

Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

No, just telling Canuck why I believe God created the universe.

No r3020 you are NOT telling anyone why you believe just that you believe.

If you have hard facts to back up why you believe please pass them on.

They have to be real hard facts not just that you believe.

If you want to believe, fine, just do not let on that it is based on anything but, well .... belief.

and do not complain about those of us who look for evidence and hard facts in our understanding of how the universe works.