cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: heh heh heh

I can predict, pretty accurately how you will answer, but I`m a glutton for punishment.  Let`s say I did prove to you that God exists, he would perform miracles to satifactorily and win you over...then what would God have?  Nothing! The only reason you would be a Christian is because he showed himself to be a guy with some really cool parlor tricks.  He wants you to seek him out...there we have it, go up to my first sentence "I can predict.."  Smiley Happy  Lets say you run a trucking company, you can not ride in the seat next to all your drivers and you don`t want to, you want good employees that won`t abuse your trucks or you don`t want them at all, right?  So, you might have equipment to monitor them, with out their knowledge, if they knew they were monitored they would be at their best behavior.  That`s what God is doing, he wants to know that one day we will take good care of his trucks..again I know what your answer will be.  

Senior Advisor

Here is just one of the many reasons I believe what I do.

Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

I can predict, pretty accurately how you will answer, but I`m a glutton for punishment.  Let`s say I did prove to you that God exists, he would perform miracles to satifactorily and win you over...then what would God have?  Nothing! The only reason you would be a Christian is because he showed himself to be a guy with some really cool parlor tricks.  He wants you to seek him out...there we have it, go up to my first sentence "I can predict.."  Smiley Happy  Lets say you run a trucking company, you can not ride in the seat next to all your drivers and you don`t want to, you want good employees that won`t abuse your trucks or you don`t want them at all, right?  So, you might have equipment to monitor them, with out their knowledge, if they knew they were monitored they would be at their best behavior.  That`s what God is doing, he wants to know that one day we will take good care of his trucks..again I know what your answer will be.  

I guess you have 'vision' to know my answer and here I am trying to think of a good answer as I type.

I have to ask if this god is so great why is he/she/it hiding and expecting me to find him/her/it?

As for trucks, let my license lapse when I turned 65, too hard to keep it after that with annual tests, physicals etc. but I still drive the neighbours truck on occasion and I do not grind gears.

And those monitors of your driving used to be 'adjustable' when necessary. A good clip with your boot looked like a pothole in the road and left an unreadable record for a while on it.

Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

Here is just one of the many reasons I believe what I do.

I always wondered why, with all the photographs of the people and so many photographers around, there are only a couple of shots of the sky and they show cloud and maybe a hint of the sun poking through.

There are bigger crowds that show up for shows and entertainment sports too.

They were worshipping the god Mary that day in Portugal I think.

Senior Advisor

Mary isn't God. Mary is God's Mommy.

Honored Advisor

God faces a problem that a wealthy man who wants to get married has.  A rich man has no idea if all the beautiful women really love him or are interested in only his money, so if he were to pretend to be penury, he would then weed out all the women with dollar signs in their eyes.  Likewise, God wants us to seek him out and love him, so earth is that test.  I only tell you this to help you understand the way a Christian thinks.  With Fathers Day appoaching, what gift would you want from your kids?  If you`re like most Dads you want no gifts only your children`s Love.  If you accidentally overheard one of your children saying "What a wonderfull Father I have, he is simply the best!"  You would know they weren`t just saying that and they really meant it. That would make your day, just as it makes God`s day when we strive to do his will.  This is all part of being Christian  Smiley Happy   

Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

God faces a problem that a wealthy man who wants to get married has.  A rich man has no idea if all the beautiful women really love him or are interested in only his money, so if he were to pretend to be penury, he would then weed out all the women with dollar signs in their eyes.  Likewise, God wants us to seek him out and love him, so earth is that test.  I only tell you this to help you understand the way a Christian thinks.  With Fathers Day appoaching, what gift would you want from your kids?  If you`re like most Dads you want no gifts only your children`s Love.  If you accidentally overheard one of your children saying "What a wonderfull Father I have, he is simply the best!"  You would know they weren`t just saying that and they really meant it. That would make your day, just as it makes God`s day when we strive to do his will.  This is all part of being Christian  Smiley Happy   

And if he/she/it keeps hiding then no one will know he/she/it is there.

Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

Mary isn't God. Mary is God's Mommy.

I will have to set up a score sheet to keep track if I really cared about which god is connected to who.

So Mary, who the Portugese were worshipping  in the youtube, is the mother of god? But I thought god was always here/there or wherever. Now there is a mother involved?

So many beliefs it just gets confusing to those of us who understand the truth.

Senior Advisor

It's not as confusing as you try to make it out to be Canuck. But you know that. Mary is the Mother of Jesus, God made flesh. He was sent to us so all who believe in Him might have everlasting life. The people at Fatima were not worshiping Mary, there were there to witness the miracle her Son preformed through her.

There were 1,000s there to witness a miracle from God. Not one single person witnessed the big bang, it is just a fantasy dreamed up by some one who is not opened minded enough to consider the universe was created by God. Keep the faith in a scientific theory that by all laws of science is a scientific impossibility, that everything evolved from nothing. Your faith is strong as you blindly follow your leaders.

Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

It's not as confusing as you try to make it out to be Canuck. But you know that. Mary is the Mother of Jesus, God made flesh. He was sent to us so all who believe in Him might have everlasting life. The people at Fatima were not worshiping Mary, there were there to witness the miracle her Son preformed through her.

There were 1,000s there to witness a miracle from God. Not one single person witnessed the big bang, it is just a fantasy dreamed up by some one who is not opened minded enough to consider the universe was created by God. Keep the faith in a scientific theory that by all laws of science is a scientific impossibility, that everything evolved from nothing. Your faith is strong as you blindly follow your leaders.

1,000's of people turned out to watch a bunch of men chase a puck around the ice last week too.

You need faith to believe that was a miracle in the youtube.

You try to distort science when you say the universe as we know it was created from nothing. That is what your magic faith proclaims.

Science says there was something there before and it changed into and is still changing into the universe as we see it today. Science also has evidence of this happening from radio waves, microwaves and light. A theory built on evidence not folklore.

As for all your gods, it is confusing when you try looking at it logically. One god fathers another god with his mistress Mary who I still say is being worshipped as a god in the youtube you posted and by many people to this day.

The Youtube even ends with an idol of this god Mary.