cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: he he he

Hey Canuck, to let you know a few things about Christianity.  I think 3020 is a Catholic, I am a Lutheran both branches believe in the Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, so there are 3 Gods.  Now, when you say someone worships the Mother Mary, that`s something different altogether,  Mariolatry http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Mariolatry  Look, in my opinion Hindus are wrong, they`re starving to death and they worship all them yummy Ribeyes, see I think they`re nuts but I would never try and convert them or mock them, hey whatever floats their boat. Myself, I`d fire up the ol` grill and wouldn`t be hungery long.  And you atheists, great, you got your deal going and if that works good for you!  See Canuck, I`m just more tolerant of other cultures than you.  That`s one fault that you have, other than that you`re a pretty good old fart  Smiley Happy

Senior Advisor

Well Canuck, I do not know if anyone worships Mary, all I can tell you is us Catholics do not. We believe in the communions of Saints. We believe in the power of pray. We believe those who have died in Chist are now in his presence. We believe that if we ask those who are now with Christ to pray for us they do and that God hears and responds to those prayers. We do not believe those Saints have any power or can work a miracle unless God works the miracle through them. If we have a statue it is nothing more than a picture of that Saint.  If we bow down in front of the picture and ask for their help, we are asking them to help us in prayer, it is not to worship the Saint. I know you WANT it to be we are worshipping the statue or Saint but it is not the case and no matter how bad you want it, or how many times you say it, we Catholics do not worship statues. We worship only the ONE true God, I AM Who AM.

We call Mary the Mother of God because that is what She is.

Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

Hey Canuck, to let you know a few things about Christianity.  I think 3020 is a Catholic, I am a Lutheran both branches believe in the Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, so there are 3 Gods.  Now, when you say someone worships the Mother Mary, that`s something different altogether,  Mariolatry http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Mariolatry  Look, in my opinion Hindus are wrong, they`re starving to death and they worship all them yummy Ribeyes, see I think they`re nuts but I would never try and convert them or mock them, hey whatever floats their boat. Myself, I`d fire up the ol` grill and wouldn`t be hungery long.  And you atheists, great, you got your deal going and if that works good for you!  See Canuck, I`m just more tolerant of other cultures than you.  That`s one fault that you have, other than that you`re a pretty good old fart  Smiley Happy

Gee BA, you don't think I am tolerant? I talk to you and r3020Smiley Surprised now that is tolerant isn't it?

Would have to study Hinduism more but not sure that cows are going to be any good for them as steaks since I think Hindu believers are vegetarians and revere the cow for all the milk and milk products she gives them as well as fuel for their fires.

This thread started not because I was intolerant but because I will not allow incorrect statements to be made without at least trying to correct them.

Sort of like you and me correcting those who think all farmers mistreat their animals all the time. That is an incorrect assumption and should be corrected before it is repeated and becomes a 'truth' because it is so widespread in its telling not because it is based on facts.

Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

Well Canuck, I do not know if anyone worships Mary, all I can tell you is us Catholics do not. We believe in the communions of Saints. We believe in the power of pray. We believe those who have died in Chist are now in his presence. We believe that if we ask those who are now with Christ to pray for us they do and that God hears and responds to those prayers. We do not believe those Saints have any power or can work a miracle unless God works the miracle through them. If we have a statue it is nothing more than a picture of that Saint.  If we bow down in front of the picture and ask for their help, we are asking them to help us in prayer, it is not to worship the Saint. I know you WANT it to be we are worshipping the statue or Saint but it is not the case and no matter how bad you want it, or how many times you say it, we Catholics do not worship statues. We worship only the ONE true God, I AM Who AM.

We call Mary the Mother of God because that is what She is.

If you say so then it must be so.

It still looks like worship to a poor old outsider like me looking in.

So many riddles like god who always was here having a mother, so maybe the mother is the god...... but no...... Oh I won't go there. 

You just go ahead and believe.

Senior Advisor

I did not start this thread Canuck. I only chimed in because I will not allow an incorrect statement to be made without at least trying to correct it.

Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

I did not start this thread Canuck. I only chimed in because I will not allow an incorrect statement to be made without at least trying to correct it.

Skewered with my own words, neat.

Not sure what incorrect statement I made based on facts not beliefs.

Facts indicate that the Grand Canyon was eroded through many thousands of years not a global flood which there is no evidence of ever having happened. Noah's flood is just belief, no evidence,