cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: church and state

@kraft-t wrote:

I don't mind political christians but then their church should give up tax free status. We shouldn't be subsidizing them.

Only in the mind of a totalitarian statist is not taxing something considered a subsidy.

Samnospam
Advisor

imo

There is nothing wrong with biden asking religious leaders to advocate or preachers advocating from the pulpit.  Its a matter of free speech.  Whether charities should be subject to taxation is a different issue.  I'm on the fence about that.  I'd rather there be no taxation for anyone, but it doesn't seem right that a persons estate is deconstructed via taxation while charities and trusts can accumulate massive sums over time.  Those sums are the source of great power.

cotman03
Senior Contributor

So you are advocating stripping tax exempt status from all those black churches that endorsed Obama from the pulpit?  Good luck with that.  You would wipe out most of them.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Yes as quickly as I would strip tax exempt status for preachers that were tearing down clinton from the pulpit

Matter of fact I would tear down tax exempt status for all churches and would deny charitable deductions for donations to religious groups. SATISFIED?

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Factually you are wrong. How is that any different than you not wanting tax dollars supporting abortions?

r3020
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

Yes as quickly as I would strip tax exempt status for preachers that were tearing down clinton from the pulpit

Matter of fact I would tear down tax exempt status for all churches and would deny charitable deductions for donations to religious groups. SATISFIED?

Why do you hate the poor and want them to have no assistance unless it comes directly from the federal government?

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Absolutely not. You can give all you want in charitable giving. However, you still have to pay Caeser what is due Caeser. I don't want to pay more taxes to make up for your generousity.

Do you think the mormon church should be able to take in millions in nontaxed revenues and use them directly or indirectly on political influence?

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

Give to charity then you moron and your taxes will be lower! DING DING DING....Did that light come on yet?

r3020
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

Absolutely not. You can give all you want in charitable giving. However, you still have to pay Caeser what is due Caeser. I don't want to pay more taxes to make up for your generousity.

Do you think the mormon church should be able to take in millions in nontaxed revenues and use them directly or indirectly on political influence?

Everything belongs to caesar and caesar gives it out how he sees fit. Caesar phones for your vote.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Oh Yeah support your local cult and be blessed with your superiority complex. What  an a-hole!