cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

Re: church and state

The a-hole is you who cares not for the poor.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

Oh Yeah support your local cult and be blessed with your superiority complex. What  an a-hole!

It is not I who is a slave master, it is the government.  Government produces nothing, every dollar it gives to some one it must first take from some one else.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

@Democratforlife wrote:

Give to charity then you moron and your taxes will be lower! DING DING DING....Did that light come on yet?

So that means the government is subsidizing your charitable givings.

Now 3020 says the government should not be involved in charity.

Why do yu need a subsidy to give?

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

It is not I who is a slave master, it is the government.  Government produces nothing, every dollar it gives to some one it must first take from some one else.

But 'the government' is you and me.

What charity produces anything?

Charities take from givers who are subsidized by tax deductions and they produce nothing.

The very best efficiently run charities still use 25% of your givings to administer their charitable works.

Why do they need to spend all that money on expenses?

Poorly run charities only end up with 25% or less of the subsidized givings they receive doing any good.

As Kraft points out churches are the worst group for taking tax subsidized 'givings' owning real estate which is exempt from land taxes in most cases and spend the greates % of the money they recieve on maintaining a meeting hall with staff for members to use without having to pay tax.

The % of the money they get that is used for charitable work is minimal in most cases.

Why do they get tax exempt status when Lions and Rotary etc. have to pay tax on their meeting halls?

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@r3020 wrote:

But 'the government' is you and me.

What charity produces anything?

Charities take from givers who are subsidized by tax deductions and they produce nothing.

The very best efficiently run charities still use 25% of your givings to administer their charitable works.

Why do they need to spend all that money on expenses?

Poorly run charities only end up with 25% or less of the subsidized givings they receive doing any good.

As Kraft points out churches are the worst group for taking tax subsidized 'givings' owning real estate which is exempt from land taxes in most cases and spend the greates % of the money they recieve on maintaining a meeting hall with staff for members to use without having to pay tax.

The % of the money they get that is used for charitable work is minimal in most cases.

Why do they get tax exempt status when Lions and Rotary etc. have to pay tax on their meeting halls?

Charities do not take from givers. Givers give to charities who help those who the givers wish to help. Government demands payment under penalty of the rule of law. The question you should ask is why do the Lions and Rotary ect. have to pay tax on their meeting halls. The government does not subsides those not paying taxes, those paying taxes subsides government.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

Charities do not take from givers. Givers give to charities who help those who the givers wish to help. Government demands payment under penalty of the rule of law. The question you should ask is why do the Lions and Rotary ect. have to pay tax on their meeting halls. The government does not subsides those not paying taxes, those paying taxes subsides government.

But that was my point only I would suggest that all should pay tax on their meeting halls.

No taxes would equal no government.

How does that work out?

There are a few countries in the world that have little or no government.