cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Isn't she , or didn't she, give a speech at the Convention?

Well there you go. I really don't think it will matter much. Was she one of the 20 or so women who spoke last night in that big group? Or did we as a society even notice? Maybe she has some great things to say? Who knows?

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

It hasn't back fired on the dems. She will speak the truth to the dnc convention. You are picking on her in a god awful attempt to diminish her. The big bad bullies picking on a young woman. And she has been gracious enough not to declare war on Limbaugh and his ahole dittoheads.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Why must you diminish sandra Fluke?

You worry about a few dollars for birthcontrol while Halliburtan charges millions to deliver contaminated water to our troops.

For just one day try to pull your head out of your posterior.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

It hasn't back fired on the dems. She will speak the truth to the dnc convention. You are picking on her in a god awful attempt to diminish her. The big bad bullies picking on a young woman. And she has been gracious enough not to declare war on Limbaugh and his ahole dittoheads.

The truth is the progressives are going to force people to go against their religion or face the full force of the US government. The government is now greater than our Creator.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Why must you diminish sandra Fluke?

@kraft-t wrote:

She is an individual expressing the objectives of people her age. It's the bully right that has declared war on her. Called her a whore that ought provide video tapes of her sexual activity.

I have never said word one about her one way or the other, so stop grouping people like that.  I heard that Limbaugh called her a **bleep**...what he does has nothing to do with me.  It seems to me that she was trying to get the govt to force her employer to offer something they didn't want to offer for a perk.  Any disagreement with her you declare as bullying. 

You folks do NOT have a very close relationship with the truth and you are GD mean bassturds

Thats funny, coming from one of the meanest posters around here. 

Veteran Advisor

Re: contrast

For his job??? I thought he was making a pitch to start his own shop??
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

aw shucks! poor abused baby.You know people from England emmigrated from that country to avoid religious persecution. Hint hint--you may want to try that if it is unbearable.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

aw shucks! poor abused baby.You know people from England emmigrated from that country to avoid religious persecution. Hint hint--you may want to try that if it is unbearable.

There is no way in the world a big spending liberal like Mitt Romney could ever beat Barack Obama.......but then the denserats come up with an idea like this.

snip-Is Ms. Fluke having trouble getting her hands on contraceptive devices? She doesn’t actually say that. If she walks to the nearest Walgreens, she can buy contraceptives of several types at extremely low prices. In addition, I’d bet a large amount of money that Georgetown passes out contraceptives for free to students, notwithstanding that university’s status as a formerly Catholic institution.

So what’s the point? How are contraceptives any different from shoes, hamburgers, toothpaste, bubble gum, automobiles, or any of thousands of other products that some (but not all) Americans want to buy? Briefly put: Buy your own freaking contraceptives, Ms. Fluke! Or get your shiftless boyfriend to pick up a condom on the way over.

So where is the political issue? If you listen to Ms. Fluke speak, you might get the impression that someone is trying to stop her from obtaining contraceptives. But of course that is not true. You can get them, cheap, on nearly any street corner, and for free (I speculate) at Georgetown and pretty much any other university. So why does Ms. Fluke insist on whining about contraceptives? Why in the world are the Democrats trying to make this seemingly random, and very cheap, product into a political issue?

There is only one answer: here and there are pockets of Americans who have religious beliefs that bear on contraception and abortion. (Ms. Fluke doesn’t ever talk about it, but part of what she is advocating for is free abortion services.) Some Americans–observant Catholics and others–are barred by religious precept from paying for others’ contraception and abortions. So there is only one political issue that relates to contraception: the Obama administration wants to force every employer, including religious institutions whose theology prohibits such contributions, to pay tiny amounts of money to finance contraception for slugs like Sandra Fluke, so that they can save their $1 a week for higher and better uses. No freedom of choice allowed here! That’s it: other than the Democrats’ effort to jam contraception and abortion down the throats of Christians and others who have religious and moral objections, there is no political issue relating to contraception.

That is the sinister motivation that lies behind Ms. Fluke’s incoherent appearance tonight in Charlotte.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/09/how-is-contraception-a-political-issue.php

Highlighted
Advisor

She wasn't there about contraception. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

She wasn't there about contraception. 

That's the only reason she was there. Without contraception she is a no body. She was there to drive the progressive agenda hiding behind contraception. A progressive society can only grow as morality is driven from that society.