cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: contrast

@KNAPPer wrote:

No, you are the sourpuss, I'm the grumpypuss. This is well established as the truth.

You just made that up.

Senior Contributor

I'm always amused by farmers when making reference to govt dependence  

Veteran Advisor

Sure she said that but what you have to know is that when she was testifying she was a law student. She graduated from law school and is a practicing lawyer.  I don't know what her finances were while she was going to school.  Do you?

Veteran Advisor

No, I do not know her finances.  However, I belive that when she brings up the 'cost' of birth control (for her time in school) to be as much as her entire wages for one summer, she was trying to paint a picture of financial burdeon or hardship.  Otherwise, why did she bring up her personal income, and expenses?  I say, it was to paint a picture of hardship.

I don't begrudge her, she is more or less a pawn, not a whole lot different than anyone paraded around for political advantage (remember Joe the Plumber?  When they sat him down for an in-depth interview, he came across, at least to me, as not really knowing what he was talking about, but the headline was Obama's remarks to him, and about plumbers that made the headline - had they put him in front of Congress to testify, I think he would have made a fool of himself)  However, in the whole political mumbo-jumbo that is going on, I think it kind of shoots holes in the whole theory of her claiming financial hardship, when she goes on a tour of Europe.

Senior Contributor

Apart from being a republican lackey, you are a mug.  This is typical of the right wing ratbags and I am surprised that the minor mug you are, you peddle their wares like it is gospel.  Those two images of those two people are totally fictitious and are no indication of any persons personal responsibility of who they are and what they choose to do. I think you had better grow up a bit.  

Senior Advisor

@gough whitlam wrote:

Apart from being a republican lackey, you are a mug.  This is typical of the right wing ratbags and I am surprised that the minor mug you are, you peddle their wares like it is gospel.  Those two images of those two people are totally fictitious and are no indication of any persons personal responsibility of who they are and what they choose to do. I think you had better grow up a bit.  

Those two images are exactly who those two people are and what they chose.

Veteran Advisor

You know, I have asked before and no one has answered just what it was that was so denigrating to plumbers that came out of Obama's mouth.  I read his comments and there wasn't anything bad in them.  By asking "how many plumbers do you know who make $250K/year and are worried about?"  How is this bad?  Also, it was said that joe diesn't have a license to be a plumber.  Maybe that is bad in that joe probably didn't want that known.

Senior Contributor

Re: what has she done

for womens rights

Veteran Advisor

What he said himself wasn't so terrible bad.  However, many of Obama's followers did things like conduct a State sponsored (as in paid for) investigation of Joe, they said things like 'he isn't a real plumber' because he didn't have a full plumber's license (which he didn't need to have, for his job), and things like that.

It just seems hypocritical coming from the free speech, pro-worker, support the common man group.

Senior Contributor

Re: obalmo tried but failed

he wanted people to think individuals couldnt make that type of money because these are the business owners he wants to tax out of existence --wanna try and debate again ole surebutt