cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

cops are out of control

had a very similar experience to the pregnant woman in AR whose car got flipped by a cop.

Fortunately, I was driving a semi with equiment on the trailer so the trooper wasn't likely to want to tangle with me. I put on the flashers and slowed down- there was an off ramp within sight and I actually thought it would be safer for him than on the shoulder of a 6 lane interstate.

He gave the appearance of a recent ex-military skinhead punk. He damn near had a melt down that I had challenged his authority by not stopping imediately. After giving me a ticket for briefly bouncing out to the outside lane to pass a double rig that was flopping all over the place, he then proceeded to call the DOT, who took an hour to arrive before spending two hours to finally find something they could issue a citation on. One old binder didn't have the weight rating stamped on it.

12 Replies
sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Re: cops are out of control

Ahhh, poor baby.  

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

In fairness, he probably didn’t know she was white.

rawhide
Advisor

I don't believe that story for 1 second

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(I don't believe that story for 1 second)

Yea, it smells, smells bad, smells really bad. 

Jussie smollett-ee.  

rawhide
Advisor

No the story about the woman is true.  I was talkin about Nox driving a truck 

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@rawhide wrote:

No the story about the woman is true.  I was talkin about Nox driving a truck 

Was probably playing grand theft auto.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Nothing that prevents a person with a HS degree or beyond from getting a CDL. It might just seem that way.

I surrendered my CDL because it is a pain to have to meet compliance rules when you're only driving short distances seasonally-was driving on a farm endorsement.

Which is one of the bits that drove both the cop and the DOT guy crazy- they were sure they had me on that. But I carry a copy of the statute in the truck and gave them the number of the DOT guy at HQ who informed me I was good.

r3020
Senior Advisor

You mean you can't pass your physical.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

BP was a little iffy at the time but I passed. Good now that f.g. is gone- pegged right at 120-80, but with a med, and getting BMI to 15 with diet and exercise. You should try it.