cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

corporate immunity

turns out that the "nursing home industry" is a big donor for McConnell and the GQP in general.

Certainly the corporations that are at the greatest risk of big liability.

Although I guess we've already established that lives with limited further expectancy aren't worth 1000 pts in the Dow, much less large compensation.

7 Replies
bruce MN
Advisor

Re: corporate immunity

Privatized prisons rather exposed as well. 

COVID been drawing a bit of attention from folks who Hassan’s then lost visitation rights. And then got a phone call.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

So 101yr old grandma catches the common flu, dies and cause of death is called "Covid19", the family sues for $19 million and wins....end of nursing home, then where do the old goats go?  You got one real rich family from the lawsuit, but to pay the liability insurance the remaining nursing homes will have to jack their rates from $8,000/month to $40,000/month ...don`t come crying to me about how high priced nursing homes are then.

bruce MN
Advisor

Gotta love the old GOP and the Mitch’s and Grassley and such who are hanging on to good old C of C “conservative stuff. 

AKA the horrors of The ACA can only “lead to dancing”.

Tort Reform forever, even if it is stealth/de facto.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

You`re implying that Obamacare would pay for 10, 20, 30 years in a nursing home in other words "Yay, let someone else take care of the old bat on someone else`s dime".   There isn`t enough nursing homes, Medicare/Medicaid doesn`t reimburse enough.  As it is Medicare will pay 100 days for "free" then they start clawing assets.  There`s waiting lists to get in to nursing homes as it is, the worker`s pay sucks...they ain`t exactly building new nursing homes ...and you guys want to add making them liable for diseases that come from China????

aljessen61
Senior Contributor

I see now what you pieces of ***** are going to do when President Trump is gone. 

henrikstudson
Senior Contributor

Hey Al, you and the hubby heading out for a night on the town tonight?

aljessen61
Senior Contributor

@henrikstudson wrote:

Hey Al, you and the hubby heading out for a night on the town tonight?

Tick Tock disappears and you show up running off at the mouth. Yeah I got your number.