cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

corporate tax cuts

Another angle is how it impacts remaining small businesses like retail, auto parts stores, small auto and equipment dealers, trucking companies, livestock producers.

Capping pass through income isn't likely to help a lot of them- a lot of them probably don't go over the 15% bracket anyway. But it gives more competitive advantage to the J.B. Hunts, Walmarts, Autozones, Seaboard Farms etc.

Or to the mega sized cropper- he'll be quick to change to Sub-S or LLC if he isn't already.

14 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: corporate tax cuts

Amazing how some people want to hang on to their welfare lifestyle...

Advisor

You're just a troll, Allen.

Senior Contributor

Nope a retired Military conservative grain farmer. Yeah not exactly what you would call a liberal am I?

For the life of me I can't see why Bart took a turn to the dark side.

Senior Contributor

So, the little guys go to a C corp if it fits better.

Advisor

That doesn’t help them in the least if they have to live off the profit.

Nice try though.
Senior Contributor

Everybody will try to optimize their tax situation.  All will be in the same boat.  We need to reduce corporate taxes, there is no doubt of that.  And we need to not increase the national debt.  So we need to increase individual taxes.  

Senior Advisor

We need to reduce spending.

Advisor

Our corporations pay about the same effective rate as the rest of the OECD. Granted, it is like the personal tax side in terms of it would be better to cut the nominal rate and most loopholes but that's not what's going on here.

One of the silliest memes that gained wide acceptance is that all that money that is parked overseas will come back and create jobs. It is already here as much as it is anywhere.

Senior Contributor

My very load and vocal Trump supporting employees (about 50 %of them) are shifting.

not real happy about the new tax plan as they see it leaving them behind.

The new plan is not what they thought Don the Con promised them.