cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

couple of interesting pieces

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/03/04/death-predicts-whether-people-vote-for-donald...

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/05/its_shameless_financial_strip_mining_les_leopold_explains_how_the_1_...

First, solid statisitical work on the correlation between the white demographic that is losing life expectncy and Trump support. Shouldn't surprise.

Second makes the case that just kicking Mexicans out and stopping trade isn't, alone, going to help them much.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: couple of interesting pieces

So the left is still on that note of insulting Trump supporters and somehow this will change minds?  A little tip, those on my side have been insulting Obama backers for 8 years now and I don`t think we switched a one.

Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

So I notice that death rate is increasing in 'whites' and in poorly edcated.

Death rate is not increasing in 'others' so does that also mean that there are more poorly educted (dumb) 'white' people?

That seems to explain why Trump loves dumb poorly educted people.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

So I notice that death rate is increasing in 'whites' and in poorly edcated.

Death rate is not increasing in 'others' so does that also mean that there are more poorly educted (dumb) 'white' people?

That seems to explain why Trump loves dumb poorly educted people.

Who are these poorly educated you speak of? You say whites AND poorly educated. They are not one and the same?

Highlighted
Advisor

Hardly stop the presses news that Trump does well in that demographic. I was just observing that there is some real, intense suffering associated with their plight.

Interesting triangulation, though, as kicking out the mexicans and stopping trade isn't likely to get them anywhere close to halfway back.

They're also going to have to go after the enemies inside the gate who absconded with all the funds.

It requires a bit of thought (and math) though, and complicating it is suck up, kick down authoritarian thought processes. Kicking a wetback is one thing but who wants to go fter a guy who I'd be but for a couple bad breaks.