cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

dagwud, for your reading pleasure

It seems as though you(with the exception of Fox "News") are the only person that keeps kicking that dead horse of a debunked myth of the Black Panthers, (even Milligan give up on it already) I thought that I would provide you with some recent facts. Although the article covers up to July 14th from June 30th when Fox originally began to propel this myth, it won't end obviously until the election is over.

REPORT: Fox News has hyped phony New Black Panthers scandal at least 95 times Fox devoted more than 8 hours of airtime to discussion of New Black Panthers

July 16, 2010 5:26 pm ET — 96 Comments

Six Fox News shows have discussed the phony New Black Panthers scandal during a total of 95 segments since Megyn Kelly's June 30 interview hyping the unsubstantiated allegations of right-wing activist J. Christian Adams. In all, these Fox shows have devoted more than eight hours of airtime to discussing the New Black Panthers.

http://mediamatters.org/research/201007160038

46 Replies
Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: TomPropagandaPeddler

@tomtoolbag wrote:

It seems as though you(with the exception of Fox "News") are the only person that keeps kicking that dead horse of a debunked myth of the Black Panthers, (even Milligan give up on it already) I thought that I would provide you with some recent facts. Although the article covers up to July 14th from June 30th when Fox originally began to propel this myth, it won't end obviously until the election is over.

REPORT: Fox News has hyped phony New Black Panthers scandal at least 95 times Fox devoted more than 8 hours of airtime to discussion of New Black Panthers

July 16, 2010 5:26 pm ET — 96 Comments

Six Fox News shows have discussed the phony New Black Panthers scandal during a total of 95 segments since Megyn Kelly's June 30 interview hyping the unsubstantiated allegations of right-wing activist J. Christian Adams. In all, these Fox shows have devoted more than eight hours of airtime to discussing the New Black Panthers.

http://mediamatters.org/research/201007160038

Media Matters is indirectly funded by George Soros.

The New Black Panthers state their goals on this raw video of their actions in Philadelphia, where they threatened voters, but later got off....because of their skin color.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3MbqupVxMY

tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

Re: TomPropagandaPeddler

Milligan, as usual, you tap-danced around the point. I notice that you DID NOT dispute the article, you just tried to discredit it(and yourself at the same time).

If they "got off because of their skin color" as YOU claim they did, you should take that up with the REPUBLICAN prosecutor who decided that the charges were a bunch of BS.

For as much as you hate blacks, and the whatever???? party they are claiming to be Milligan, YOU sure do promote them a lot. It's as if you believe in their cause, because you're now (AGAIN) trying to propel it.

Who knew??????? Milligan is a wanna-be black panther.  

dagwud
Senior Contributor

Re: dagwud, for your reading pleasure

I don't watch FOX Tom.  The only time I've watched FOX in the last several years was when Beck had made of fool of himself trying to get the tickling Congressman Massa to give up the dirt on Obama and Dems. 

I must have missed what the myth is on those two Black Panthers in the video where the one is inciting violence against whites. Are the videos fake or real?  Are the videos altered to make the men look bad?  If they are not fake then I would suggest that man in the video is guilty of true racism.   He is the one inciting violence against a particular race not merely disagreeing with someone.  I'm not suggesting there is large nation wide group of Black Panthers ready to kill white folks but there sure is at least a couple calling themselves the Black Panthers that seem to feel that way.  If this was a white man publicly calling for the killing of blacks then the left would be all up in arms.  The Justice Dept. would be investigating them as a terrorist group and keeping an eye on them as they do with white militia groups.  As it is we see many folks try to glaze it over much like they are with Rangle and Waters as they try to kill the messenger and ignore the fact that rules and or laws were broken by these two and that is why they are hot water and not because of the color of their skin.  Don has repeatedly questioned if the charges against Waters and Rangel are real or part of white / right wing conspiracy.  I'm wondering how Don and others like him think that when two of the 4 people on the ethics committee that called for a trial were Dems including the chairman of the committee and the other Dem was a black woman who is an ex-Congresswoman.  Were these two Dems tricked again as Dems used to claim they were by that simplton George Bush?  Are the two Dems on the committee racist?  Or did the 4 people on the committee look at the evidence and decide there was enough evidence to justify moving forward with a trial? 

tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

I guess that you are maybe the only person that hasn't asked themself, why??? Why them, and only two of them, and why JUST Fox "News"??? You didn't notice that no other news channels haven't covered this story, and to the extent as what Fox has?????????????

I don't know if it's fake or not, and don't give a crap if it is or isn't. I find it entertaining that it came out right before the Shirley Sherrod story so there's been a full month of race based hype, and Fox has went into overdrive trying to push it and make sure EVERY right winger has seen it, or at least heard of it(and all of it's race-based fear hysteria).

You're probably right about turning the tables. But, again, if there was any merit to this "group", law enforcement would step in, and are keeping an eye on them. You have to admit, in the last couple of years it's been the right wing extremists doing the "terrorist" BS. From flying a plane into the IRS building to the Pentagon shooter, to the nutjob in California to the ones in TN or Kentucky having a shootout with the police, to the fat slob from the deep South calling for violence against elected dems. Of all those, there weren't ANY blacks in those situations.

And yet, you still take this "story" as truthful and something to worry about.

With regards to Reps Rangel and Waters, why them, and why now??????? Both of the stuff they are accused of happened a long time ago.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

I have no idea what all news services covered the Black Panther video.  I would assume FOX would be all over it and will take your word they have covered it repeatedly since I don't watch the channel. 

I find it shocking that you would say, "I don't know if it's fake or not, and don't give a crap if it is or isn't."  If it were a white person openly calling for the killing of blacks you and your party would be concerned.  I would think any person but especially white people would be concerned when a person is speaking to a crowd out in the open and telling them they must kill their fellow white  Americans.  I don't care if it is only two nut cases which I'm guessing is the case here.  They should still be openly condemned by all.   I can remember hearing Olbermann and others on the left claiming repeatedly how Rush, Beck and other conservatives were preaching and inciting violence with their rhetoric and that they should be held accountable if someone gets hurt yet their message were not even close to what these two guys were advocating.  One does not have to stretch or manipulate their words like Olbermann has to do with Rush and Beck to try and make it look like they are calling for violence.  These two so called Panthers were very clear with their message of hate and violence against whites yet you hear no one on the left calling them racist.

I have to think the video of these two knuckle heads is real since we have not seen the NAACP or others out there telling us it is fake as one would expect.  Plus the fact these two have been video taped on more then one occasion helps one believe these two are for real. 

"With regards to Reps Rangel and Waters, why them, and why now? Both of the stuff they are accused of happened a long time ago. "   My answer to that would be that it simply takes time to investigate and then decide if they should move forward with a trial and bring charges or to simply reprimand them.  Also most of the times the crimes and violations do not become known until years after the fact.   Even then I think members of Congress are able to stall criminal and ethics investigations especially if they are a major player in Washington.  Here are a couple of similar examples.

Republican Duke Cunningham resigned from the House in 2005 and was sentenced in 2006 to eight years and four months in prison and an order to pay $1.8 million in restitution.    Part of his crimes to place as far back as 1995 ten years earlier. 

Republican Ted Stevens of Alaska was indicted and convicted in 2008 for crimes that went back to 2000. 

I will agree that politicians are famous for trying to time reports and exposures to help them get the best bang for the buck such as an October surprise.  Politicians are also go at timing news reports to minimize its impact such as releasing the report on a Friday afternoon when the press is not around.  However I think before Don and Olbermann should try to automaticly cover up for Waters and Rangel by suggesting this is simply a racist witch hunt by Repubs and before Repubs should consider the two guilty of all accusations they should all be patient and let their trials play out.  Lets see what the evidence is and let the cases take their course.  With elections every two years it is pretty easy to claim all investigations are a conspiracy that have been timed to correspond to an upcoming election.  I think with Rangel it is a case of many smaller infractions being known about but as time goes on the list kept growing and began to include more serious crimes to the point where the Ethics Committee felt it needed to act.  As I have said before I don't care what the party affiliation, what sex, race, religion or state they are from.  If a politician is corrupt I would like to see them prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.   I believe it is the best way we have to try and dissuade other politicians from going over to the dark side.  (No racial pun intended.)

tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

First things first. They are not "my party", as I don't vote along party lines, and DID NOT vote for Obama, strictly because of who was around him and out of site. I always think of politics just like other things that need the right tool(person) for the right job. I gave up on the democrats years ago because of their constant rolling over to the right wing's BS, but they have begun to get a spine again in the last year and a half.

What I find amusing about this whole contrived and worn out story is that two, not a large group, but two people are advocating this. The two's a couple, three's a crowd doesn't apply here because we aren't talking about an weird tag-along friend. So it's just two people spouting some BS, are they paid to do it?? Where are they spouting their crap at?? If it's on Wall Street where they aren't very likely to gain more members of the same race as them to advance their cause or agenda, that's not very effective. But, if they are doing it in a predominately black neighborhood, I seriously doubt that a Fox "News" reporter would be there to cover it, considering the dislike/hatred of Fox by blacks that is well deserved. The (fake)disgust of this story by Fox "News" and their constant coverage of it is more like promoting it than anything. I liken it to providing ammo to your enemy. It's a form of emotional manipulation, and nothing but. Look at how effective it has been on you.

Yes, I agree that corrupt politicians need to be rooted out and dealt with, but it seems as though this whole mess with Rangel and Waters is designed to be a trial by media, and guess what "news" channel is leading that charge??? The toughest charge against Rangel seems to be the tax evasion, but again I wonder why it's an ethics panel instead of the DOJ and IRS leading the "investigation". With Waters, I haven't found the exact timeline, but there is some cause for charges if her intervention coincided with her husband's stock ownership, which I haven't seemed to exactly find. Other than that, politicians intervene on behalf of businesses all the time, and it's not too much of surprise to see one do it for a bank. I'll give you an example of one that will come up real soon. Harley Davidson wants to possibly move some manufacturing operations due to labor costs(supposedly), but in reality they are shopping for federal and state/local perks and tax abatements to move their operations. With the economy the way it is, states are tripping over each other to cough up some offers, will more than likely never pay off overall. But, it's a huge victory politically to land a big name business like that in a city and state, even with the huge taxpayer funded costs of it. Again, you will see some intervention by politicians in WI and other states to try and keep, and get that business. So, would that be "unethical" too then?? 

dagwud
Senior Contributor

You still seem to want to shoot the messenger here Tom.  I will agree 110% that FOX is not a true independent news source and is a willing accomplice of the Repub party.  That is why I choose not to watch them as I prefer the news to report to me the facts about what took place as opposed to hearing other folk's opinion on why it took place.

As stated before I don't believe these two "Panthers" are part of large organized group if that is what FOX is implying.  However the videos appear to be real and not something made up or doctored and we have yet to he anyone claim them as fake.  I'm not sure where they are speaking but the video say the one location was at festival celebrating African heritage with mostly blacks in attendance.  The two don't get much response from the crowd but were able to get a few blacks to shout black power at the end of his hate filled speech.  The silence on the left to condone this type of garbage is utterly amazing.  Is this type of behavior wrong only if their is large group saying it as opposed to just two or three individuals?  If it was a single white racist skin head opening promoting violence against blacks or a large group of KKK doing it I would still think it wrong in both cases.

I have mixed feeling about the length some city and state governments will go to entice new businesses.  On one hand I think it can be a good thing to help bring in more jobs and increase tax revenues.  However on the other hand what about businesses that have been the area for some time yet get no extra benefits or tax breaks from the local government?

As to your question of being ethical or not I think a lot depends on if the politician is attempting to achieve personal gain from the business helped out by their intervention.  I believe that is the crux of the Waters charge.

tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

I have no idea what all news services covered the Black Panther video.  I would assume FOX would be all over it and will take your word they have covered it repeatedly since I don't watch the channel.

You crack me up dagwud. You want to believe this BS so bad, you've convinced yourself that there's no chance it could be even slightly exaggerated. I posted an article that shows how many times that Fox has covered(and promoted) this "story", and if you like you could go to their website and go through the archives for even further proof. You "will take my word for it" though on the constant hype of this BS. Don't you think law enforcement would possibly step in if there was some merit to this at all???

Here's an article that will explain it for you. It sums up the non-stop BS we've had to listen to from various ideological  hacks since Jan. 20, 2009, and evn before.  After you read this article you'll hopefully know what I mean.

http://www.alternet.org/news/143007/why_right-wing_demagogues_are_tying_to_peddle_ludicrous_conspira...

Why Right-Wing Demagogues Are Trying to Peddle Ludicrous Conspiracy Theories
Even before Obama was sworn in as the 44th President, the internet was seething with lurid theories exposing his alleged subversion and treachery.
October 1, 2009  |  

Even before Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th president of the United States, the internet was seething with lurid conspiracy theories exposing his alleged subversion and treachery.

Among the many false claims: Obama was a secret Muslim; he was not a native U.S. citizen and his election as president should be overturned; he was a tool of the New World Order in a plot to merge the government of the United States into a North American union with Mexico and Canada.

Within hours of Obama’s inauguration, claims circulated that Obama was not really president because Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts scrambled the words as he administered the oath of office. A few days after the inauguration came a warning that Obama planned to impose martial law and collect all guns.

Many of these false claims recall those floated by right-wing conspiracy theorists in the armed citizens’ militia movement during the Clinton administration — allegations that percolated up through the media and were utilized by Republican political operatives to hobble the legislative agenda of the Democratic Party.

The conspiracy theory attacks on Clinton bogged down the entire government. Legislation became stuck in congressional committees, appointments to federal posts dwindled and positions remained unfilled, almost paralyzing some agencies and seriously hampering the federal courts.

A similar scenario is already hobbling the work of the Obama administration. The histrionics at congressional town hall meetings and conservative rallies is not simply craziness — it is part of an effective right-wing campaign based on scare tactics that have resonated throughout U.S. history among a white middle class fearful of alien ideas, people of color and immigrants.

r3020
Senior Advisor

The only "conspiracy" going on at the time was the journoList journalist. BTW, Obama still has no proof of eligibility.