cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

Re: dagwud, for your reading pleasure

It's official, "you're one of them".

I take it that you don't have many black friends, do you? I'll put bluntly, a cameraman is filming them while their spouting off their BS, and maybe that cameraman is white, maybe not, but a good friend of mine (that is black)stopped by the other day and I showed it to him. His exact words were, "HELL NO, I'd just keep walking, and pretend like I never saw them". I asked why, and he said that with someone saying those type of things and someone is holding a camera to film it, it looks like a set-up, and if he did or didn't agree with those two, he would still keep walking because it looks like a hoax, and he doesn't need the trouble, which the end result  was headed that way.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

I like being one of them.  Those that can see both sides as opposed to those that look through rose colored glasses and think one side is great and pure while the other side is all the problem. 

I have had only two black friends in my life but then again there are no blacks in my town and very few at the college I attended.  I have met several of my son's Hispanic friends and they seem like very nice guys. 

I would hope your friend would keep on walking based solely on the violent garbage these two guys were spouting and not if there was camera in the vicinity.

Do you think the videos are fake or altered?

tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

No, I don't think that they were. The point I was trying to get across is that blacks are VERY skeptical of things, ESPECIALLY in a scenario like that with someone filming it. Imagine if the person holding the camera was white, and they think that people will jump out from behind trees and haul them off to the pokey. When we spoke about it, as he's a very good friend of mine and we also do business with one another, I never gave it much of a thought other than the constant hype of it by Fox, which automatically made me skeptical. Some of that paranoia is justified, and some is based upon fear-based myths that grow each time they're told.

Can you imagine what you would do if you were at some meeting, and some radical was pushing to start some sort of revolutionary type stuff?  I imagine you'd say "catch ya later", which I would too. But, it is some pretty nasty stuff they were spouting regardless of whatever motivated them to say it.

Canuck_2
Veteran Advisor

Re: Tom has a good point

As Tom says 1 little clip of a couple 'black' guys talking murder, racially motivated, has stirred many 'white' people to get all excited.

How many 'white' people have said similar or worse things and been ignored as kooks.

And do not say others do not propose murdering other races or cultures because there have been and still are several on here who propose nuking those who believe in a different god than them and 1 who has proposed many times creating a disease that would wipe out all 'Arabs' and leave others untouched.

From outside your country I see all the hype about these few radicals as the old race hatred being resurrected in the USA.

Who is going to benefit from that?

tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

Canuck, have you seen the hysteria about the mosque in New York?? The old "my religion is better" routine is really on display, and screw freedom of religion, unless of course, it's theirs being targeted.

Those dumbs##ts should WANT that there, for protection. Radicals have a pattern of targeting OTHER groups and religions, not their own, but that would be too rational.

Canuck_2
Veteran Advisor

Re: The mosque in NY

Yes heard about the mosque and read this article about it last night

http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/08/08/the-mosque-at-ground-zero/#more-141875

It comments on the decision and ends with

For American democracy, this debate goes to the heart of what America stands for and why American troops are sent to wars to defend. With 9-11 still an unhealed wound, the discussion becomes even more complicated. But living in New York and observing first hand the polemics around this issue makes one realize the American democracy is alive and well. And this is comforting.

Yes the old "my religion is better" is always there but they are never content to let their 'gods' decide, the religious believers too often think they have to show that their god is best themselves. I have to think it is because deep down they know their 'god' is not going to do anything. They know that no god has ever actually done anything.

It really is much easier living when you understand and accept the truth.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

No doubt there are whites advocating racist policies and even a few wackos suggesting killing blacks but they to should be condemned and not tolerated.   I agree that this issue has stirred up many whites with the help of FOX, Rush and others but that does not mean people should simply over look the hate filled speech advocating the killing of others.

Canuck_2
Veteran Advisor

I would only add that your comment should stress ALL or ANY others

tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

The point was, no blacks would say that unless they were put up to it. Blacks don't run around yelling loudly and obnoxiously professing their pride of their racism like Milligan, if they did feel like that, you can bank on the fact that as a white guy, you wouldn't know until way after the fact. Their paranoia makes them very secretive, along with the numerous examples of the past of some good ole racist abuse directed at them.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

"The point was, no blacks would say that unless they were put up to it."  

So then you must think the videos are fake or staged?  If so I would assume their standing outside the polling station with a billy club in hand was fake and staged as well?  Again I do not doubt someone would try to fake something like this to promote their own sick agenda but I would think eventually someone would expose the gig and as of yet I have not heard anyone claiming it was fake.