cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samnospam
Advisor

defiance

Sept. 13 (Bloomberg) -- Two Iranian grand ayatollahs issued fatwas calling for the killing of those who insult the Koran, including anyone who burns the Islamic holy book, the state-run Fars news agency reported. No one was specified in the decrees, which were issued by Nasser Makarem-Shirazi and Hossein Nouri-Hamedani in response to questions asked by student groups from universities in Tehran, Fars said. Such an action against any individual could only be carried out with the authorization of an Islamic religious judge, they said. “Undoubtedly, the blood of a person who burns the Koran should be shed,” Makarem-Shirazi was cited by Fars as saying. Everybody should “strongly condemn” such an act.

http://www.freekoran.com/

http://www.biclighter.com/

11 Replies
Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: Reminds Me of the State Farm Insurance Jingle.....

@Samnospam wrote:

Sept. 13 (Bloomberg) -- Two Iranian grand ayatollahs issued fatwas calling for the killing of those who insult the Koran, including anyone who burns the Islamic holy book, the state-run Fars news agency reported. No one was specified in the decrees, which were issued by Nasser Makarem-Shirazi and Hossein Nouri-Hamedani in response to questions asked by student groups from universities in Tehran, Fars said. Such an action against any individual could only be carried out with the authorization of an Islamic religious judge, they said. “Undoubtedly, the blood of a person who burns the Koran should be shed,” Makarem-Shirazi was cited by Fars as saying. Everybody should “strongly condemn” such an act.

http://www.freekoran.com/

http://www.biclighter.com/

This kind of reminds me of the State Farm Insurance Jingle....but with a slightly different set of words.....

"Like A Good Neighbor.........Ji'had Is THERE!!!!"

4wd
Senior Contributor

Re: Reminds Me of the State Farm Insurance Jingle.....

I wonder if CNN would come out to my farm and film if I called them and told them I planned on burning a dozen koran's next Monday.  These news stories about burning korans are getting absolutely incredibly stupid.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: Making a Prediction....

@4wd wrote:

I wonder if CNN would come out to my farm and film if I called them and told them I planned on burning a dozen koran's next Monday.  These news stories about burning korans are getting absolutely incredibly stupid.

There is a good chance that the "news" groups will come out to see a Qu'ran burning, and if they did, and put it on the boob tube.....I would bet that an even better chance of some wild-eyed dude will show up wanting to show you his cutlery set.  (I would highly consider getting a Concealed Carry permit after the Qu'ran burning video hits the airwaves)

http://animalnewyork.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/pig_blood_koran_02.jpg

4wd
Senior Contributor

Hahahahahahaha!

Just think, my chance at 5 min of fame. And, All you Ag.com folks could look at me on the screen and say "I know that Iowa farmer, he hates taxes"~

Donchya just Love America!

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Go for it.  If you hurry, you can probably still find one in Borders or Barnes and Noble.  I want to see how good you guys really are after they broadcast you burning it.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: defiance

Nobody has expained tome  the upside of burning a koran? They seem to think the muslims response is outrageous but they never explain the positive side of burning the koran in the first place. What could possibly be positive out of doing such an act.

It seems to me there have been some pretty outrageous responses to flag burning and those responses weren't made by muslims.

johnaa
Advisor

I'm sure you do not expect a logical or reasonable answer, they are just joining in the squawking and bleating.   These sheeple only mindlessly repeat other people's thoughts.    The worst result of the dumbing down of the educational system is the victims are unable to digest information and come to logical conclusions,  they are dependent on being told what to think.

man of steel
Senior Contributor

I guess I've never heard anybody claim there was an up side. Did anyone here claim that???

dagwud
Senior Contributor

All this talk about burning Korans has me thinking it is much like when people burned the U.S. flag, other books or back when they burned Beatles records after John Lennon's misinterpreted remarks about how the Beatles where more popular then Jesus at that time.  I would like to know just what these flag, book and record burners accomplished?  They probably helped sell more flags, books and records then they were able to get people to burn them or boycott them.  I say ignore them and they will eventually go away when they realize no one cares what they do and there are no news cameras reporting on their actions.