cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

directed taxes

You know you progressives that want to run everyone's lives could actually accomplish some good by directing taxation toward things it would be good to use less of, things that there are ready substitutes for.   Rather than focusing your energies on forcing people to conform to your dictates in absolute and authoritarian terms.  

Instead of trying to make electric more expensive for instance, which everyone needs, you could institute a tax on plastics, and make sure you get the imported plastic items.  A tax on plastic bottles that pushed usage toward glass would be good.  You probably remember returnable glass bottles.  And its completely voluntary, don't want to pay the tax, don't use plastic.    You can't go to a stream of any sort these days without being surrounded by plastic bottles.  

The amount of plastic garbage in the oceans is incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTOiEYMvXeY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

7 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: directed taxes

You say liberals want to run your life! Rest assured this liberal doesn't want to have anything to do with you. However, isn't that exactly what you and your tea party heroes want to do--make everyonecater to your desires?
Advisor

Dont lie.
Veteran Advisor

Say what?
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:
You say liberals want to run your life! Rest assured this liberal doesn't want to have anything to do with you. However, isn't that exactly what you and your tea party heroes want to do--make everyonecater to your desires?

You may not want to have anything to do with him but you think you have a right to his earnings. The tea party does not.

Advisor

and

I didn't say liberals and do my best to never use that term when referring to progressives.

Veteran Advisor

You are a DS liar! I don't want anything any of you arragant assswipes have!