cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

does anyone remember

How we were all told how the election of Barry was going to repair the image of the USA around the world.  The world would love us again because bush was gone.   Do you think maybe that rather than a change of suits a change of attitude might have been more in order.  Can you think of a better way to make the world hate you than secretly spying on them.

NSA internal memos obtained by Le Monde detailed the use of a sophisticated surveillance programme, known as Genie.

US spies allegedly hacked foreign networks, introducing the spyware into the software, routers and firewalls of millions of machines.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24628947#TWEET931362

19 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: does anyone remember

No one has ever spied on other people before??? You are totally eat up with hatred!
Senior Contributor

Can you name a time in the past, where we have had at least 2 allies, make formal complaints about US spying?
We have that now, and they are specifically stating it is the NSA doing it.

On the hatred thing, are you saying those other countries now 'hate' us?   I thought Obama was supposed to end that sort of thing.

Advisor

While there has always been spying between governments. I think this is the first time we've seen large scale surveillance of civilian populations of either domestic or foreign.  I doubt sockpuppet would like the French government listening to his conversations.  The golden rule is lost on immoral people.  

Veteran Advisor

I don't know about complaints but I attribute that to the fact that we didn't asssholes talking out of school like today so those being spied upon didn't know about. I didn't say anything about others countries hating America. Where you get that idea?
Veteran Advisor

I am really not worried about having my stuff listened to or read. We would have done more if we had had the technology back in the 60s and 70s for sure!
Advisor

merkel

Chancellor Angela Merkel has spoken to President Barack Obama to complain about allegations her mobile phone was targeted by the US National Security Agency, according to a report on Wednesday

Senior Contributor

These are the big issues. I can see it now. Stop press. America spies on people.

Ducking hell you dorks. Get a job.
Advisor

many free people around the world, French, German, Brazilian and more don't seem to care for having the private communications monitored. I wouldn't expect you as a voluntary subject of a monarch and as such something akin to a farm animal to care. as a lesser creature you should avoid speaking to free men unless addressed directly.
Senior Contributor

What new remember a man name Pollard and the country he spied for Iasrel our great ally