cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: dying younger. . . now

The main reason our life expectancy is getting lower is that our healthcare is costing more and more and the quality is going down. My wife had to have an out patient kidney stone procedure the end of Sep. Several days later she was in severe pain. Took her to the ER in the middle of the night. She a stone lodged in the ureter so had to have another procedure. Then discovered she had gotten a blood infection and spent 5 days in the hospital. Got out on a Wed and got the catheter and stent out and 2AM Sat she had a 103.6 temp. Back to the ER. Admitted again. Anti biotic caused cdiff so she got a different antibiotic. Next she got a UTI after she stayed 4 days the second trip. She had to have a picc line and antibiotics for about two more weeks. Total time sick was a little over 6 weeks and just started feeling good about 4 days ago. Haven’t seen the bill yet but we do have good insurance. Thanks. But the point is she got two infections in the hospital plus the dr missed two stones that ended up necessitating two extra surgeries. 

elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

Milligan...I am happy for you and your son.
But there are others out there that are not that
Happy...a number of reasons why, but alot
Of young people are suffering. The blue color
Jobs are gone, and not everyone is made to
Go to college....but there are college kids
Hooked as well
An 18 yr old passed away a few days ago...
And we're not a metro area..
The amount of alcohol and dope in the area
Just shocks me anymore.
Many trying to ease the pain.
Legal pot, I don't know. We should allow for
Medical use (our state does not think so).

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

elcheapo, you can't believe anything any of these guys say, anyone that believes all the LIES Trump has told, can't be trusted or believed either. They know he lies, but their pride is greater than their character. It's the biggest sham, next to "Trickle down economics" ever perpetrated on the American people!