cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

e warren makes the case for free market regulation

inadvertently. http://www.mcfloogle.com/2014/05/02/elizabeth-warren-accidentally-makes-the-case-for-free-market-reg...

So apparently Elizabeth Warren thinks that the government is responsible for making sure her toaster does not burst into flames. And so does Paul Rosenberg. It’s a win for government regulation, right? Well, there’s a problem here. Upon reading this quote, I immediately went to my kitchen and took a picture of the bottom of my toaster. This is the sticker on it.

I

should sue Elizabeth Warren. She made my brain catch on fire.

See

that “UL” abbreviation? It stands for Underwriters Laboratories. That’s not a government organization. It’s a private business. And guess what, it’s keeping you safe. Believe it or not, there are economic benefits for a company to make sure it sells you something that doesn’t burn your house down.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: e warren makes the case for free market regulation

I saw immediately what was wrong on that label. It didn't say NOT FOR USE IN UNDERWATER CONDITIONS The govt. will straighten those people out pronto!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: e warren makes the case for free market regulation

Ironically, I do not belive that there is a government agency, that does what UL does, with anywhere near the degree of effectiveness that UL has.