Did you mean: 
sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

expert opinion

8 Replies
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Re: expert opinion

The last 7 seconds of the video, Fauci says, “Save the masks for our health care workers...”

If masks don’t work, why do health care workers use them at all?   

What a joke - don’t wear a mask if you don’t want to.  But don’t give me crap, because I do chose to wear one.

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying.....

Jen

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

I have no problem with you keeping a mask on.  But he was clear on what he meant, at that time. 

Health care worker who deal with covid cases are wearing triple masks.  Ask el cheap.

If you wish to say fauci is wrong that's ok by me.

bruce MN
Advisor

Mask wearing up to 82% approva across the country. 

You’ve been on record.  No need to say much more unless you are a “dedicated follower of fashion” and ultimately cave. 

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@bruce MN wrote:

Mask wearing up to 82% approva across the country. 

You’ve been on record.  No need to say much more unless you are a “dedicated follower of fashion” and ultimately cave. 

Whoa. Pop science.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Parler has become to go to place for the "my ignorance is better'n yer larnin'" crowd.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Health care workers wear masks to protect the patient AND themselves.

Citizens out in public places wear masks to protect OTHERS from them if they happen to be infected.

They do not wear masks that do much more than give a small protection to them. So if you do not wear a mask then you are telling everyone that you do not care for others and so will do nothing to protect them from you. Those wearing the masks show they care about others and are willing to have a little inconvenience to help stop spreading Covid and therefore protect others and probably save a few lives too.

WCMO
Senior Advisor

It depends on where you are, and where you go.  If you're in a COUNTY with less than 100 total cases, maybe 0.3% of the population, then 99.7% have not been identified as infected at any time so far.  And, if there are 20 active cases, all of whom are supposed to be "quarantined", along with stay-at-home orders for anyone who has been in contact with any of them within past few days, then the odds of being infected and not knowing it, or actually crossing paths with anyone who is currently infected, is extremely low.

If you're a person with a higher risk of complications or death if infected, if you've been places with a higher risk of infection, or if you're going places involving either of those factors for yourself or others, then by all means do what you can to protect yourself and others.  If you cannot 'social distance', then at least wear a mask if you will be in close proximity to someone else for more than a few minutes.

[So if you do not wear a mask then you are telling everyone that you do not care for others and so will do nothing to protect them from you.] --  As a general statement, this is "virtue shaming", and it needs to stop.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

The funny thing to me is how someone like fauci flips a recommendation on a dime with no change in the actual science behind it and the little sheep follow along without question.