cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

feelings

I'm 57 years old but I feel like I am 65 can I start receiving my SS payments? Or, if a 17 year old feels like he is 21 should he/she be able to drink beer legally? If we as a society are now based on peoples feelings as to what gender they are shouldn't it go to all aspects of society? Just asking, trying to figure this out.

10 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: feelings

Good point. If you can change your sex from being a boy to a girl why not change your age also. I guess you can unless some bigot wants to violate your civil rights.

Senior Contributor

I think the larger question is why this has even become a big issue? What problems set it off? I don't recall hearing any specific issues concerning who used what restroom, but now it is a heated topic. Was someone killed, hurt, mamed, molested? We have all got along just fine until now and suddenly this is far, far too prominent of a topic considering all the other problems we have yet to solve.

PS - The law says you can't get SSI without a disability or other set circumstances until your 66th birthday, but can actually draw it earlier at a lowered rate. You can't drink before the age of 21 because of a law as well. There is no law about restrooms pert to gender, so that's what some folks "feel" we need.

However if you do break a law in a restroom, then you can be arrested no matter what your gender or gender identity. I think we have it figured out well enough.

Senior Advisor

It started in Huston when the mayor signed an ordinance that said all of the public restrooms and showers are now unisex.

Senior Contributor

Well, you can't pass a law that says people can't be stupid. Houston shot down that ordinance by the way. Problem solved.

Senior Advisor

Now it is the federal government trying to enforce that law. They say public restrooms and showers that are not unisex are a violation of the civil rights act.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I agree Knapper, much bigger problems we face then which bathroom to use. I really thought that was all set in stone years ago.  If your DNA says you are a man, use the mens restroom. Simple. Jenner's dna still shows he is a man. That will never change. 

Veteran Advisor

Hey 20, do they have public showers in your neck of the woods??
Veteran Advisor

And all those people whose mind tells them they are the opposite sex should just suck it up and drive those impure ideas out of their minds and be who what is between their legs says they. Right??
Senior Contributor

By God you finally got it. Congratulations!!!