cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samnospam
Advisor

for don

Here's the reality:  Medicare and Medicaid services, including the "slide it to the states" for Medicaid, spent $1.053 trillion in FY2012. 

We took in just $201 billion in Medicare taxes.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=218486

50 Replies
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: for don

yeah, but don't forget about Shifty's lockbox full of money from what he put in back in the decades he was farming and not paying any federal income taxes.

I would love to see the printout on most of the seniors comparing what they actually put in the ss system , compared to their withdrawals, including subsidized medicare health insurance. THe medicare alone for a married couple must be close to $30,000 a year or maybe more, and if they are drawing another $30,000 in ss benefits, you can see why the ponzi scheme is coming to a close.

Try googling and getting an actual amount of what the government spends per senior. Good luck with that one.

Not to say that we should cut the seniors loose...but there has to be commons sense reforms before we have one worker trying to support one senior or "ss disabled".

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Like Rand Paul, you shouldn't be talking about stuff when you don't know the answers. You do know that seniors pay premiums, don't you. You do know that many seniors buy supplementals don't you. You do know that some seniors go a whole year without a claim.  Senior medicare is not free. It is a contract between government and workers for which many seniors were taxed for 50 years. SS even longer.;l,  

Ironically, your family also gets protection should you die or become disabled and you have paid in for a far shorter term than I have. I have paid far more for health insurance than you ever dreamed of. Possibly even funded your parents or grand parents medicare and SS.

I suspect your one of those whiney snots that don't want to pay the load. You don't want to spend your time in the harness likle most of us have. BTW I am still paying SS and Fica taxes at age 73. I am still farming and still paying taxes. Lots of them.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

Like Rand Paul, you shouldn't be talking about stuff when you don't know the answers. You do know that seniors pay premiums, don't you. You do know that many seniors buy supplementals don't you. You do know that some seniors go a whole year without a claim.  Senior medicare is not free. It is a contract between government and workers for which many seniors were taxed for 50 years. SS even longer.;l,  

Ironically, your family also gets protection should you die or become disabled and you have paid in for a far shorter term than I have. I have paid far more for health insurance than you ever dreamed of. Possibly even funded your parents or grand parents medicare and SS.

I suspect your one of those whiney snots that don't want to pay the load. You don't want to spend your time in the harness likle most of us have. BTW I am still paying SS and Fica taxes at age 73. I am still farming and still paying taxes. Lots of them.

Trouble is you never paid in your fair share. Now you want to barrow from those not yet born.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Oh but I did. Now i'm helping out Red because he doesn't want to do his share. Poor guy, he must be nearly bankrupt. I wouldn't loan him any money if I was you. It sounds like he doesn't pay much attention to past agreements.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

Oh but I did. Now i'm helping out Red because he doesn't want to do his share. Poor guy, he must be nearly bankrupt. I wouldn't loan him any money if I was you. It sounds like he doesn't pay much attention to past agreements.

You will have to accept the fact it is time you invest in the future of this country for the children.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

How did you come up with that $30K figure? I'm really serious here. Where did it come from--your anus? I pay $102/mo out of my meager SS and I would imagine that some more comes out of the fund but maybe not since an insurance company can charge what they want for premiums. So far this year, my wife and I have each been to the Dr. one time and were charged $124 each of which Medicare paid $86 each and our supplemental insurance picked up the difference. I figure, according to your figure, we would have to visit the Dr another 150-200 times to cost Medicare that much. Some do use it a lot because of cancer mainly but many more are just like my wife and I. So, tell us where that figure came from!
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Are you? Prove it!
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

2% tax holiday aka economic stimulus

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

You pompous, pious a$$! Some goddam Christian you are! You don't know the first thing about what Don paid or didn't pay, and you have the unmitigated gall to make statements like that! You and your ilk, should, and will rot in hell.