cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: for don

You might be surprised, if you posted something besides bull$hit, I wouldn't have to put you in your place! LOL!!

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

A snippet from your article:

Twenty to 30 percent of Medicare spending is pure waste,” Dr. Fisher argues. “The challenge of getting those savings is nontrivial. But those kinds of savings are not out of the question.”

Now, we might not 'need' to fix Medicare right now, but why not root out the 20 that is waste, that they know about already?

Just think, they could leave the taxes alone, and be solvent for many, many years, instead of just a few.

What I find befuddling, is that even though there is 20%+ waste, and they know where it is, no one seems in any kind of hurry to do anything about it.
If any of us had a truck, that leaked out 20% of the load, by the time the load was dumped, how many would be happy fixing that truck 'sometime in the futute'.

I think part of the problem, is that for all the bloviating we hear from Congress, about 'fixing' what's wrong, there just aren't enough adults in the room, to sit down, have a meaningful discussion, and fix what they already know is broken.

If they can't agree on reform aspects, fine, argue about it all you want.   However, how any one of them, can be straight faced, and say they are doing 'all they can' and then make no effort to correct problems that they already know is there, just turns my stomach.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

@GreaTOne_65 wrote:

You might be surprised, if you posted something besides bull$hit, I wouldn't have to put you in your place! LOL!!

Whoops, I spoke too soon.  You must have had to get Rosie Palm and her five Sisters to play with you. Smiley WinkSmiley LOL

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

@Nebrfarmr wrote:

A snippet from your article:

Twenty to 30 percent of Medicare spending is pure waste,” Dr. Fisher argues. “The challenge of getting those savings is nontrivial. But those kinds of savings are not out of the question.”

Now, we might not 'need' to fix Medicare right now, but why not root out the 20 that is waste, that they know about already?

Just why don't you think that it isn't on the table, fact is, I know it's been mentioned on MSNBC.

Just think, they could leave the taxes alone, and be solvent for many, many years, instead of just a few

No, they can't. Even Romney the Great, advocated closing the loopholes, and to my way of thinking, that would have been top on the list!

What I find befuddling, is that even though there is 20%+ waste, and they know where it is, no one seems in any kind of hurry to do anything about it.
If any of us had a truck, that leaked out 20% of the load, by the time the load was dumped, how many would be happy fixing that truck 'sometime in the futute'.

I think part of the problem, is that for all the bloviating we hear from Congress, about 'fixing' what's wrong, there just aren't enough adults in the room, to sit down, have a meaningful discussion, and fix what they already know is broken.

If they can't agree on reform aspects, fine, argue about it all you want.   However, how any one of them, can be straight faced, and say they are doing 'all they can' and then make no effort to correct problems that they already know is there, just turns my stomach.

I hope your talking about the Republicans, because they are still the ones trying to destroy this President, at the cost of bring hardship and pain to a lot of Americans. '14 is going to rectify it!

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

If you can be as good as I am at 70, with out any chemical help, I will be surprised, and so will your wife! LOL!!

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Re: The Government Final Fix

Are you off your medication?

Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

By 'leaving the taxes alone', I meant they wouldn't have to raise the RATE.   Cut the waste (and I consider a loophole for the rich and well-connected as a 'waste' - should have mentioned that sooner) and it would be solvent, much longer.

And by 'adults' I mean anyone who is willing to make adult decisions, to do the right thing for the country, that is best for the country as a whole, instead of acting like a spoiled brat, or crybaby when the don't get thier  way, and those who hold out for a narrow special interest group, instead of what is best for all, no matter what party they are in.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

And by 'adults' I mean anyone who is willing to make adult decisions, to do the right thing for the country, that is best for the country as a whole, instead of acting like a spoiled brat, or crybaby when the don't get thier  way, and those who hold out for a narrow special interest group, instead of what is best for all, 

Well, you just described the Republicans to a T, starting with, the Boehner!

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Re: The Government Final Fix

We already have, "Death Panels", Craigo, they are called, INSURANCE COMPANIES! WAKE THE HELL UP ALL READY!!

hobbyfarm2145365
Senior Contributor

I didn't raise the fact big farmer versus small farmer  but the govt picks snd chooses  small to medium business different?  Farmers get a govt gurantees not fail, while non ag business must survive with very little to none govt aid.