cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

from over at marketing

someone's sharing of their ACA subsidy drove a post into healthcare territory.

GOP, of course, missed the Better and Much, Much Cheaper window by getting themselves clobbered in the mid-terms.

The crew who slaughtered them were mostly moderate Dems who very much resemble old Republicans, and the club was the issue of coverage for pre-existing conditions.

I remain all ears regarding the question of how to improve the system, as I have been for 10 years.

Karl's nutso blow it up libertarian theory won't fly politically, so strike that.

While I wouldn't rule out that part of the drive to chaos is intended to distract from all the unfulfilled promises, that remains a potent issue that the GOP is severely vulnerable on. 

The heroic attempts led by Paul Who? to repeal ACA 50 times and replace it with......crickets...... has even faded down the memory hole.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: from over at marketing

"healthcare" has become a single political issue .."take my guns, kill babies, raise my taxes, do homosexual stuff, but for God sakes don`t make me pay for health insurance!!!!" kind of a definition of "the mark of the beast".  We went satanic, first slowly, then suddenly.  Obamacare wasn`t going to work ever, the main thing was to get it passed, get enough people hooked on it and any "changes" to the unsustainable program would have to come in the direction of more juciness or lose the next election.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Denninger has been telling you for years how to fix health care. You just don't want to hear it because you want the federal government to have the option to use health care as a weapon against it's enemies.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

As per what I said about the GOP forming into tight fusion with their nuttiest sects.

Not enough people to win but more than enough to make a mess of everything.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I'd be glad for Karl to write it into bill form and have somebody- maybe Steve King of Louie Gomert?- enter it into the queu. 

Like I said, I'm all ears. 

Although as I also said, the gaping 2 year window to actually do something is closed.