cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

got a haircut

went to the neighbors tonite to get a haircut. she has been in business for over thirty years and has done well i guess--she has a cadillac in the garage. After a while a girl came out of the tanning booth and after she left i asked jokingly if she was paying her "tanning tax". To my amazement she said "yes i raised my fees 10% to pay the tax.

Can any of you believe she passed on the tax to the consumer?  I was appalled by her behavior and got to thinking if other business might do the same thing. How about GM or Boeing or GE or God forbid any of the oil companies! Should I continue to patronize such an evil business? Krafty-Schnurrbart-GTO - what should i do?

21 Replies
Highlighted

Re: got a haircut

Anyone would if the market will bear it.

Apparently the desire for ultraviolet radiation is powerful.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Are you really an idiot or are you just pretending??

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Hell, no! Your a good conservatit, I'd show the dumb b!tch, and quit getting my hair cut altogether! Go Neanderthal on her! LOL!!

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

if you thought it was a good post then you are as stupid as he is. You both should be silent and let people think you are stupid rather thanspeaking and removingall doubt.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

It sounds like the Goods and Sevices Tax we have.   10 per cent is added to everything you buy and if you are in business you can claim it back every quarter but the punter in the street can't.   Read about it.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@rawhide wrote:

went to the neighbors tonite to get a haircut. she has been in business for over thirty years and has done well i guess--she has a Cadillac in the garage. After a while a girl came out of the tanning booth and after she left i asked jokingly if she was paying her "tanning tax". To my amazement she said "yes i raised my fees 10% to pay the tax.

Can any of you believe she passed on the tax to the consumer?  I was appalled by her behavior and got to thinking if other business might do the same thing. How about GM or Boeing or GE or God forbid any of the oil companies! Should I continue to patronize such an evil business? Krafty-Schnurrbart-GTO - what should i do?

All business taxes are passed directly to the end user.  There is no "corporate" taxes paid that are not ultimately paid by Joe and Jill Lunchbox.  The liberals are killing their own.  The Reagan Democrats will rise again.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:
if you thought it was a good post then you are as stupid as he is. You both should be silent and let people think you are stupid rather thanspeaking and removingall doubt.

Boy, Brian .... You sure stepped in a big pile on this one.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Perhaps you should just vote against the people that raise taxes or put taxes on things

*.  I don't believe that there is anything that the government doesn't tax in some way and if I'm wrong there are Democrats working on a way to tax it. 

The government just puts business in the position of tax collector so government can deflect your righteous anger.

*. Use permits, licenses and other fee's charged by the government are simply taxes disguised as something else