cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

gotta be a conspiracy

It seems too much of a coincidence that the union referee lockout debacle occurred here in the teeth of election season.

Since the owners are surely 90% republican it has to be the refs who the libs got to.

But it really isn't 100% certain that the irony of scab labor impacting the greatest bread and circuses circus of them all will sink in on the most obdurant.

FWIW, I;ve been a first person witness to the Gomer Manning show in Indianapolis throughout the duration, not sure how the city and state will manage without him. Oh well, Denver's gain and his brother Goober is still blessing the big apple.

I just sy those things because it is is like making fun of Mohammed.

7 Replies
Highlighted

correction

obdurate, not obdurant

That was bugging me, needed to come in to correct.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: correction

Don't matter I don't know what either word means.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: gotta be a conspiracy

OMG  for heavens sake the football season always starts in the fall and elections always occur in the fall.

You need your head examined to see a conspiracy

Intelligence is really hard to find on this page.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Don't watch much NFL, mostly just Husker games when I can.  I think in Nebraska, Husker Football is the single biggest religion we have.  I am willing to bet, that if they held a bye game in Memorial Stadium, it would be sold out.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@Nebrfarmr wrote:

I am willing to bet, that if they held a bye game in Memorial Stadium, it would be sold out.

They do every year...and it IS sold out, or close to it.  Its called a Spring game. 

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: gotta be a conspiracy

Hum, elections in the fall and football in the fall.....diabolical!!
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I know every 'official' Husker game has been sold out for quite some time, in fact a college sports record, that gets added to, with each home game they have, and if you want to get season tickets, you literally have to wait for somone who has them to die, and then there is a lottery process, to get them.  Recently, when they did some remodelling, they added a few seats, and held an auction for the premium box seats.  Larry the Cable Guy bought one of the boxes, and a couple other celebs I can't remember off the top of my head, but the prices were unbelievable. (some businesses have season tickets, and let their employees take turns going to a game, as a perk of working there)