cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Re: great news for the most part

@bruce MN wrote:

It’s going to be fairly interesting  to see who the next tranch of batshlt winger mouthpieces will be.

List as long as your arm of commentators and “journalists” who have fallen off the truck over the last 5 years,

The roster of”still standing” is really weak.

Is there a big stable of kiddies like Wohl and Stein?

I really don't understand what you're trying to say Bruce.   Are you talking about once well thought of journalist that are now hated like greenwald, kunstler, and now taibbi?

bruce MN
Advisor

Not at all.

And yes, you do.

And fwiw, there are miles between Greenwald and those other 2.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@bruce MN wrote:

Not at all.

And yes, you do.

And fwiw, there are miles between Greenwald and those other 2.

Why Bruce, when people ask you to explain what your cryptic little messages are supposed to mean do you insist that the person really does understand what you are saying?   Ever consider just explaining your meaning?

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Sam, I am going to cue you in on something you probably already know. Someone that knows a subject backwards and forwards, and is reasonably intelligent, can explain their position in concise, accurate prose that is easy to understand.

You can extrapolate that to explain the cryptic responses.

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: You're getting ahead of yourself again, Sam.

During May, new cases in the UK plateaued at about 2200 per day.  Starting in early June,  new cases have escalated rapidly to 9,400 per (7-day ave.).  Meanwhile, throughout that whole period deaths are averaging about 10 per day. 

Given that people with access to ICUs only start dying about three weeks after initial infection, it's a little early to say what the mortality of the Delta variant in the UK is.  After all, only about 200 have died during this period, barely enough for statistical analysis.

Besides, we already know that vaccination, particularly with the AstraZeneca vaccine isn't perfect and some highly compromised individuals can still die even if vaccinated.  I wouldn't be surprised if the population of vaccinated but compromised individuals is more vulnerable than the general population of unvaccinated individuals. 

Keep in mind that even now, less than 60% of UK citizens have received the required two doses, only 80% have one dose.

Preach all you want Sam but in another month we'll know better.

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Ron Johnson, Johnson, you're .....

Ron Johnson, you're quoting Ron Johnson as a medical expert now?  Categorically, Ron Johnson is one of the stupidest people in America.  Maybe only Lou Gohmerts is stupider but that's an open question.

The fact that the people of Wisconsin elected that idiot to Congress is disturbing.  In Gohmerts' case, we expect something like that from Texas but we expected a little more sense from Wisconsin.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: Ron Johnson, Johnson, you're .....

I'm not sure that data really supports that conclusion at this time.

But it is generally true that the path of least resistance for evolution in a virus is to greater transmissability and lower lethality. A virus that kills the host is a failure.

If that comes to pass the the ususal suspects will be doing victory laps and patting each other on the tushy- see I told ya!

Nevermind the 600K-1M deaths, who were almost ded anyway and should have taken care of their own beeswax. Oh, and ain't I smart!

Kurt#1
Senior Contributor

@sam1wiseone wrote:

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=242736

It has now happened; the Delta variant appears to be more-contagious but produces the sniffles and mild to moderate cold symptoms nearly all the time.  Note that this is not the IFR/CFR divergence we originally saw; this is the CFR, and it is official government data out of the UK.

This is exactly what I and a handful of others predicted would happen and now it has.

But in addition, while the CFR is now the flu and this "variant" is more-contagious the shots are worse than worthless -- they're harmful -- as well.  Look here.

Delta is less deadly than flu (0.1% CFR .vs. 0.15% CFR) in unvaccinated people but is more than six times as deadly among vaccinated individuals.  If you took the shot you ****ed yourself; congratulations.  And no, you don't get to blame unvaccinated people; they get a cold so shut the **** up.

Kind of harsh for those of us in our 70's that felt we were at risk of dying or having long term health problems. 

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

A lot of "young" people have long term problems.

And some die- at least at a much higher rate than the flu.

Just for the record.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Re: You're getting ahead of yourself again, Sam.

@rickgthf wrote:

During May, new cases in the UK plateaued at about 2200 per day.  Starting in early June,  new cases have escalated rapidly to 9,400 per (7-day ave.).  Meanwhile, throughout that whole period deaths are averaging about 10 per day. 

Given that people with access to ICUs only start dying about three weeks after initial infection, it's a little early to say what the mortality of the Delta variant in the UK is.  After all, only about 200 have died during this period, barely enough for statistical analysis.

Besides, we already know that vaccination, particularly with the AstraZeneca vaccine isn't perfect and some highly compromised individuals can still die even if vaccinated.  I wouldn't be surprised if the population of vaccinated but compromised individuals is more vulnerable than the general population of unvaccinated individuals. 

Keep in mind that even now, less than 60% of UK citizens have received the required two doses, only 80% have one dose.

Preach all you want Sam but in another month we'll know better.

One possibility Rick is that the unvax'ed population is having less trouble with delta because they are the healthier segment of the population anyhow.