cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

haley barber...wtf???

Has that old basterd completely lost his marbles?
9 Replies
Advisor

Re: haley barber...wtf???

Has to have.  That is one of the most brash things I've ever seen a public figure do.  Makes Cheney look like  apiker.

Senior Contributor

Advisor

I curious what rush and jan michaelson have to say regarding this situation?.(i wish someone would fill me in,'cause I'm not going to listen) Interesting that gov. barbour is nowhere to be found.

It's a curious case.

I'm generally in favor of acts of mercy and generally opposed to the notion that justice in criminal cases is for the purpose of retribution for the families of the victims. Although I understand that prosecutors feel the need to balance the sympathy that jurors might feel for defendants with an equal or greater emotional story.

From a practical point of view you have to assume that Barbour is leaving the public stage becasue with that many pardons it is almost certain that one or more to re-offend in some notable way.  Then he would most certainly be Willie Hortoned to death by any opponent.

Veteran Advisor

Maybe because he pardoned so many, he just forgot the Scott sisters.

Veteran Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

Maybe because he pardoned so many, he just forgot the Scott sisters.

I wonder how many Obama will pardon on his way out and what they will pay him to do so.

Senior Contributor

I see Barber claimed that 90% of 200 odd prisoners pardoned had already been released from jail. 

I see where some law enforcement officials as well as families of murder victims are upset and claim that these newly pardoned prisoners will no longer have a record and could end up working as a bus driver or in day care since there records will no longer show their crimes they were pardoned for.  They would also be able to buy guns with a clean record.  I had always assumed the pardoned was a simple get out jail free card and did not erase one's criminal record for the crimes they had been imprisoned for.

I agree Barber has left public office for good.

Senior Contributor

Not to worry, Craigo, IT WON'T BE THIS YEAR!! LOL!!Smiley LOL

Veteran Advisor

If you receive a pardon, it does NOT erase your criminal record and you are still required to state whether you have ever been convicted of a crime so I doubt very seriously if they would ever be able to get a job in a day care if they were convicted of child abuse or pedaphillia.