Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

how MN got the Somalis

4 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: how MN got the Somalis

I blame my own sometimes soft-headed Lutherans on this.  Back in the 70`s, every other Lutheran family had to get `em a Vietnamese kid, but this Samoli deal is dangerous to this country`s security.  I first noticed them Samolis in the Mpls airport working at the food kiosks in the 90`s, every one of `em comes across as angry.  And now the women have their veils in the Muslim grab, shopping at MoA and Appache mall, their little kids run around going nuts.  Now lately you hear there are terrorism connections with Minneapolis Somalis.  And I gotta say, I`m not surprised they give off some really angry vibes and they have not assimilated  very well at all with American culture.  And I supose the governor Rudy Perpiches and Arne Carlsons had a big hand in it too.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: how MN got the Somalis

well, if you google it, you will find that Mr. Bill CLinton had a big hand in getting the somalis here, and they went to the lands of ice and snow, like Minnesota and Maine for the welfare benefits. Our Lutheran and Catholic Aid branches had professionals helping them get every dollar of aid they were entitled to. You know, helping those in our society that need help the most. But don't expect them to work since that isn't part of the deal.

Assimilation? Since when have Muslims ever wanted to assimilate? Google the Jews of Medina for the first example of what outreach to the Muslim community got paid back with. Nothing has changed in 1000 years , either. Its not very fair to compare Asians to Somalians. Asians have a stellar record in America, doing so well that they are discrminated against in colleges entrance quotas, even. And a fair amount of Asians own businesses and vote for Republicans. No wonder the liberals don't want more of them to immigrate here...they actually assimilate and make good on the American dream.

Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Also, no more melting pot...now its the American Salad