cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samnospam
Advisor

i didn't know that

I always thought "rights" were something you had that didn't require taking or active participation from others.    For instance you have a right to free speech, but don't have a right to make others pay for you to print pamphlets.   I learned I was wrong from this article, apparently you have the right for others to pay for your maternity leave.

Rep. Rosa DeLauro, D-Conn., has introduced legislation that would provide up to 12 weeks of paid leave through a fund in the Social Security Administration, paid for by contributions from employees and employers of 0.2 percent of wages. She said she has personally encouraged the president to back it and hopes he will, despite his tax pledge.

"We're talking about 2 cents of every $10," she said in an interview at the summit. She said without such a fund, eight out of 10 workers can't take advantage of their right for family leave because they can't afford it.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-says-us-offer-paid-maternity-leave-185627558--finance.html
21 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: i didn't know that

No amount is ever enough. Next the husband, or live in boyfriend will also have to take family leave to support his new family. Guess what, then it goes .4 percent. Then next it will be grandma.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

What a swift liberal will say is "well, we pay for you religion...your church has tax free status".  And you know what, I really wouldn`t care if they took away tax free status for all non-profits...everyone from the Methodist church to the Negro college fund...if they "make money" soak `em all with the same taxes that Hillary Clinton has to pay. 

But I have a sneaky feeling the Methodist church would still get socked but, the tab for materity leave would still get sent to others.

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

How about the women and their husbands or their live in or their same sex gender person don't have the baby until they can pay for the child? Interesting concept that has been lost. Just shift the cost to someone else. 

This thought is probably considered hate speech in this day and age.

Samnospam
Advisor

And its always someone other than governments fault.  The **bleep** has apparently never heard of inflation and global wage arbitrage.

President Obama offered few policy prescriptions Monday for working parents who are struggling in the post-recession economy, but blamed employers for not making their lives easier. Speaking at the first White House summit for working families in Washington, Mr. Obama said parents aren’t to blame for spending too little time with their children or for being unable to afford quality child care.,...............

“Parents who work full-time should earn enough to pay the bills, and they should be able to head off to work every day knowing that their children are in good hands,” Mr. Obama said. Read more: http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/23/obama-faults-employers-for-some-woes-of-working-fa/?ut... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Samnospam
Advisor

Or how about the day when one income raised a family.  Some lifestyle issues there but a great amount of that is inflation.  Our central bank describes stable prices as 3% increases per year.  Over a lifetime that adds up to a considerable sum.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

You seem to have a lot of " sneaky feelings "

Then again, sneaky people always do.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re:lets see joe

You don't want to pay them a living wage. You don't want them to get charity. You don't want to pay for health insurance. You don't want them to get food stamps. You don't want to provide birth control etc. You don't want them to have abortions.

You don't want them to eat or have a place to sleep or health care and now you want to deprive them of entertainment. SEX!. You sure are an ornery cuss!

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

They do get all those things!

There always has been a emergency room and if you don`t have a pot to piss in, the Goll damned hospital "eats" the expense and pass the cost to those that do pay..you and me....well ME anyway cause you`re on medicare and with their lack of reimbursement those of us with private insurance pay full freight both ways.

They DO get food stamps, even those that don`t need food stamps anymore than I really neeeeeed a 30 round magazine for my Ruger Mini-14, get food stamps.

They DO get birth control, from way back Planned Parenthood provided free or cheap birth control, don`t ask how I know.

They DO get abortions, since 1973 they been legally murdering babies.

Now we`re supposed to pick up materity leave...I guess why not?  ...Put it on my tab!

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I have sneaky feelings because I`ve watched the crooked liberals screw decent people for years no, after the dog has been kicked by a angry liberal so many times, he knows what`s coming.   You corrupt liberals will promote anything that`s indecent.

I have no doubt if you come take away the tax free status of the Methodist church you would do so, even if they had a gay preacher just because you might hurt the few decent people left in the congregation.  Machiavellianism, you know.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/machiavellian