cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Good Question Wehav

I`m disapointed with the Republicans on the immigration issue, even otherwise smart guys like Governor Chris Christie fall flat with "Pathway to amnesty..whoops a....I mean citizenship" bull crap. Republicans like Pat Buchanan have it right. Where on the Democrat side do you have a "Ship `em back!!"  Wing ? See, you don`t, if someone says "ship `em back!" Keith Olberman makes fun of that someone. Illegal Mexicans get more than enough goodies, but a gringo punk has a few more safety nets, but not for the lack of Democrat`s wishes though.

Senior Contributor

And lets not forget that we, as parents who did do these jobs, have told them for their entire childhood to not do those jobs.You have just admitted the real crux of the problem, you have helped exaserbate the problem. Now all of a sudden you understand how the country got here? Little late don't ya' think? Oh, probably not.

Senior Contributor

Been saying it for years, dufus! But you have a habit of not listening.

Veteran Advisor

You know, woulda, coulda and shoulda don't really count.  It is what is going on TODAY that matters and young white folks and for sure young black folks are NOT going to do it.  Even decent jobs like chefs go to hispanics here.  Doesn't matter what kind of restaurant it is, the majority by a long margin is Hispanic.  Businesses, and every businessman I have EVER talked to is a repub, don't want anyone to take away their cheap and quite possibly only source of labor cheap or not.

Senior Contributor

"for sure young black folks...

.....are NOT going to do it"    ROTFLMAO  Smiley Very Happy  You and I can agree on that, Schnurrbart.  Smiley Very Happy

Veteran Advisor

The other part of this conversation should be about the DREAM Act.  I am sure, from your other comments, that you are not in favor of this.  However, are you aware that people other than citizens have for many decades been given accelerated movement towards citizenship when they serve in our country's military?  Still going on also.  Why not make it something that we can officially do instead of just something nice.  People who have been brought here who at the time had no real say in the matter should be given some special consideration if they serve our country.  The notion to send someone back to a place they have never known, don't speak the language, etc would be a very inhumane thing to do in my opinion.

Senior Contributor

Yes I`ve heard that, how screwed up is our military that they`ve had to draw from a pool of illegal aliens to fight wars? I mean when we can`t document someone`s past it`s a real national security issue. Also if we put up a worldwide billboard inessence saying `Join the US Army and become a citizen! Bring your relatives too' Do we really want to open that can of worms? As tough as it is it`s never good to reward bad behavior. 

Veteran Advisor

That "can of worms" has been going on for decades.  

Senior Contributor

I`ll bet never to the degree that it is today, especially with our country worried more than ever about terrorism. It`s like playing Russian roulette with a semi-automatic.

Veteran Contributor

Wow.  Again, I agree with your comments.  There are a few posters here and alot of pundits in the media who say that if employers just would pay a "living wage" all would be well and there would be no jobs available for immigrants, legal and especially illegal.  Americans would take the jobs if the money is right.  Not true in most cases.  Young people here in general don't have the work ethic to do manual labor regardless of pay.