cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Illinois is a corrupt police state

That article touched on the areas of contention, which I think is the audio. For instance, any given business can and a lot do, videotape or use surveillance cameras on their property or within their business, and there are notices or posting of warning of the surveillance, but not with any audio. What gets me is how the government gets away with cameras in public, for example I was sitting at a stoplight recently, and I noticed cameras pointing in all 4 directions, and not the transponders that change the lights for emergency vehicles either.

I'll have to look up the wiretapping laws in Ch 38 because they've been amended quite a few times since the fascists enacted them in the 90s, and usually for the worse.

Highlighted
Advisor

Because it is a corrupt police state.
Highlighted
Advisor

It's about video too.
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Answer the damned question!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Is this part of the patriot act?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I don't know but the Patriot act authorized US agencies to spy on American citizens which is totally against the US Constitution.  I want to know how upset you guys were over that since you get upset over a ruling like this that 12 states have laws against.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

It did no such thing. Here how ever the justice system can send this guy away for 75 years because he took a video of the police with out their consent. The police can take a video of us any time they wish no questions ask. In fact it can be used in court to convict us of a crime. Heck, they can send you a ticket for running a red light if we were the driver or not, all they need is a license plate number.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

You're as full of **bleep** as the Christmas goose.  bush and cheney both said it did and they used it that way.

The USA PATRIOT Act broadly expands law enforcement's surveillance and investigative powers and represents one of the most significant threats to civil liberties, privacy and democratic traditions in U.S. history.

What is PATRIOT?

The USA PATRIOT Act (officially the Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act) was quickly developed as anti-terrorism legislation in response to the September 11, 2001 attacks. The large and complex law received little Congressional oversight and debate, and was signed into law by President Bush Oct. 26, 2001.

PATRIOT gives sweeping search and surveillance to domestic law enforcement and foreign intelligence agencies and eliminates checks and balances that previously gave courts the opportunity to ensure that those powers were not abused. PATRIOT and follow-up legislation now in development threaten the basic rights of millions of Americans.

Highlighted
Advisor

If you'd paid any attention to my posts over these many years you'd already know the answer, but no I've never supported the patriot act. I've never voted for anyone who voted for the patriot act or its renewals. You have. You're a little pro oppression toady who even supports the tsa molesting children. Like many your interest is your party, not any particular values.
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

He knows Sam, he just doesn't care.