cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Illinois is a corrupt police state

"The right does not have a monopoly of being correct in their thinking but they THINK they do."

I agree Bart there are many on the right and the left that think their way is the only way and that their opponents are always wrong and are casing their decisions solely on creed, corruption or hatred.  As an Independent it easy for me to sit back a distance and spot this on a regular basis.   It does not help that there are now so many different radio and cable shows that will pander to the two  parties and eagerly carry their dirty water for them.

I think a divided Congress is a good things and helps keep both parties in check and from trying push our country to far to the right or left.  Trouble is these days neither party seems to understand the concept of negotiating or compromising and want everything done their way or their taking their ball and going home.  Currently I think Repubs are more guilty of this and actually blame Obama for helping to feed this trend with his questionable negotiating skills where he seems to easy to roll over to Repubs demands.

Veteran Advisor

The only way anyone and especially Obama could negotiate with the current crop of repubs/tea party/whatever would be to pull a gun on them and shoot the first one that opened his mouth and then MAYBE the rest would be willing to practice the art of negotiating and compromise to get things done.  However, that isn't going to happen so we are stuck with "my way or the highway"

Advisor

When it looks like you can't be a bigger moron you double down.
Senior Advisor

Yeah, the tolerant left believes the only way to deal with the tea party is to kill them. Gabby Giffords would be sooooooo proud.

Senior Contributor

What teabaggers?

Those nut-job teabaggers are nowhere to be found any more, and apparently have crawled back under their rock from which they came out from.

And good riddance too.

Senior Contributor

Video , in public brings up the "expectation of privacy" issue, whereas how it was explained to me by a former judge/professor is like complaining that somebody stares at a naked person in public, and that person complains about it, but the privacy expectation is surrendered when the person enters the public. Not so with audio, and the statutes are very specific about an informed position/consent as the elements of the "crime".

Advisor

Was is I think the correct tense. ". Illinois, Massachusetts, and Maryland are among the 12 states in which all parties must consent for a recording to be legal unless, as with TV news crews, it is obvious to all that recording is underway. Since the police do not consent, the camera-wielder can be arrested." C A M E R A.... of house you night point out that you did't consent to the cops dash board video, but that is all part of the police state, one set if rules for you another set for the rulers and their security apparatus.
Veteran Advisor

Someone campaigns on 'no tax hikes', but 'spending cuts' instead.

Right or wrong, some of these people get past the primaries.

They then run in the general election on 'no tax hikes', but 'spending cuts' instead.

Right or wrong, some of these people get into Congress.

Once in Congress, they vote 'no tax hikes', but 'spending cuts' and everyone acts like they are riding the horses of the apocolypse.

Are we SO used to people not keeping campaign promises, that when they actually do, it causes crowds of people to get a mass case of the vapors?

We should have all known what we were getting, when those people were voted into office, instead of acting so shocked when they are voting the platform they ran on.

I may have oversimplified this a bit, as I really only follow the more 'local' races, as far as details of who made what promises, but it doesn't seem that complicated.

I, for one am actually a bit refreshed that there still are those who are willing to take the flack of keeping their campaign promises to the best of their ability.