cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

immigration

Probably not a good time to bring this up while the "let's have a coup and martial law" folks are still mad about masks.

But.....

Immigration is a lot like abortion in that the right wing really doesn't want to solve it because they'd lose a powerful emotional issue. But as I've said many times, the gubmint already has my drivers license registration, passport, social security number etc. so a national ID system would be no skin off my nose.

And you wouldn't work if you don't have one. I'd give employers a year or so to adjust- there's no reason to compound criminality- but then I'd heavily fine and even imprison those who refuse to comply.

One problem is that would limit one avenue of GQP vote suppression because most everybody would have a valid ID.

But the other is that you'd actually have to make a decision on the status of the millions who are here without papers. My own view is that you use the ID to shake them out of the weeds then you give the ones who don't have criminal or other aggravating factors a resident worker status and a distant and difficult path to citizenship.

But the bottom line is that you get a lot better idea of exactly who is in our country.

7 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: immigration

Can't Going to tear down the border wall and eliminate ICE. Anyone who wants in will be allowed to come in.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Nah. Just the 15 miles Dennison built.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Path to citizenship = massive waves headed to the US border. No ICE = free entry.

leonardheryford
Contributor

I think that it remained in the past because there are a lot of changes, especially with the new president. USA was full of colonies and people with different nationalities, now they are called Americans, but I think that everybody deserves a place there as it is a multinational country. Anyways, I agree that there should be some restrictions because the government should avoid those who can cause dangers to their citizens, but they should not be too cruel with everybody. I also wanted to reach USA a few years but there were too much things to do and the attitude was really bad. Then I decided to move to another country and found visapath.ca. So now I am in Canada and I think that fate brought me here, because I am really happy.

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

yeah, the guy in the big house might be senile, always was  a dull knife, probably is compromised by china, has suspect moral standards like the crude guy that preceded him, but......but..... at least you get to come to america freely, you get to kill your unwanted babies, and you get a lot of free stuff.

r3020
Senior Advisor

You are free to come across the border and don't even have to test for covid.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(You are free to come across the border and don't even have to test for covid.)

They must fit into that blm'er & anteefer rioting, looting, burning and destroying federal property covid exemption category along with democrat politicians.