cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

interesting stuff

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3062527/

although will present a conundrum for anti-vaxxers, as would, I guess, a cV vaccine.

But interesting that the fact that the cV (very preliminarily) appears to be less virulent and lethal in a lot of places may be a function of the possible partial protective action of the TB vaccine.

Note that Italy is among the few countries where it is not routine, as ins Ecuador which stands out as one of the few tropical countries with a serious outbreak.

The vaccine is apparently not without some controversy of its own.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: interesting stuff

Might also hint against deducing that the lower level of infection and death in tropical countries suggests that there's something to the seasonality theory.

At this time it is just a theory, although people do congregate in closed spaces somewhat less in the warmer months in temperate climates.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: interesting stuff

Thought I'd bring this back to the top.

There are over 100 clinical trials on numerous paths that are being pushed forward at a furious pace.

Discussing this doesn't arise to the same level as pitching fish tank cleaner or justacold- I don't even know if you could get the TB shot here, today, if you wanted it.

But it does suggest a possible explanation of why all of the countries where the TB vaccine is universal are not suffering as badly as those where it isn't.

Except for the climatic explanation there's no reason why this wouldn't be roaring through places like Lagos and Rio.