cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

irreconcilable differences

Conservatives cherish the constitution as limiting what government can do.

Progs view the constitution as an impediment to what they wish to accomplish.

7 Replies
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: irreconcilable differences

I can tell you from a deal of experience of talking politics at people from a former centrist Republican point of view.

Relatively few people who are inclined to the DD camp have any principles.

They may cite some when they happen to align with their fears or resentments, but they are entirely malleable should the need arise.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Those without principles burn loot murder and destroy statues of the founding fathers. Then call it peaceful protest incapable of spreading the virus.

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

You’re really in a pissy mood this morning, aren’t you Sam1unwise1?   Tells me a lot, about the state of affairs within this presidential race.

You’re Republican talking points are moot at this point.   And they’re all just lies and fear mongering anyway.

America knows, and your lies no longer have the effect they did.   America sees the lies.   Finally.....

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying or fear mongering.... or voter suppression.

Jen 

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

@r3020 wrote:

Those without principles burn loot murder and destroy statues of the founding fathers. Then call it peaceful protest incapable of spreading the virus.

Pull the cord - - - blah blah blah blah blah.  Same crap - different day.

Republicans can’t win an election, without lying or fear mongering.... or voter suppression.

Jen 

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

@jennys_mn wrote:

You’re really in a pissy mood this morning, aren’t you Sam1unwise1?   Tells me a lot, about the state of affairs within this presidential race.

You’re Republican talking points are moot at this point.   And they’re all just lies and fear mongering anyway.

America knows, and your lies no longer have the effect they did.   America sees the lies.   Finally.....

Jen 

I'm just stating it as a fact that is beyond question.   Conservatives want "originalist" as judges, progs want judges who see the constitution that is malleable to fit whatever need they see.  I don't think this can be questioned.

Conservatives work from the enlightenment philosophy of lock, Hume, Kant, Jefferson, Madison, etc.  Progs base their motivations on hegel and marx.   The two are not compatible. 

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

@sam1wiseone wrote:

@jennys_mn wrote:

Jen 

I'm just stating it as a fact that is beyond question.   Conservatives want "originalist" as judges, progs want judges who see the constitution that is malleable to fit whatever need they see.  I don't think this can be questioned.

Conservatives work from the enlightenment philosophy of lock, Hume, Kant, Jefferson, Madison, etc.  Progs base their motivations on hegel and marx.   The two are not compatible. 

You have no power here 2.jpg

Your power to persuade is gone.....America knows......and it has nothing to do about judges.  The sooner you realize that, the better off you will be.   America is about to speak.....I hope Trump and you cult members are listening....

Republicans can't win an election, without lying or fear mongering.....or voter suppression.

Jen

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

"Originalists" are running a scam for their corporate, oligarch and "religious" sponsors.

Nobody originally intended for corporations, oligarchs and "the clergy" to run things.