cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: jennys_mn

The risk is not with law abiding citizens having the right to self defense. The risk is with those who wish to kill and maim. Yesterday they used knives and bombs. Sometimes they use cars. Sometimes they use trucks. Sometimes they use airplanes. They tell us they want into this country so they can kill us. We must not allow that.

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

Why not address a new developing  risk before it becomes a problem . As you can see we are not very good at fixing problems (black on black shootings and crime) maybe we would do better preventing a new one...

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

No allen, what you think is a 'risk' is non exisitent in the whole picture.

What is being proposed is hate and fear of something that makes no difference but keeps the uniformed obedient.

According to this https://www.start.umd.edu/pubs/START_AmericanTerrorismDeaths_FactSheet_Oct2015.pdf 

80 US citizens were killed by terrorism in the Us in 10 years

And by this http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm

over 11,000 died from firearm homicides.

and from this  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_vehicle_deaths_in_U.S._by_year

over 32,000 died in traffic accidents.

Where are the policies to address where the harm really is?

Why pander to the hate, bigotry and racism with fear mongering instead of addressing the real resons people are dieing needlesly.

Forget the smoke and mirrors false claims and look for policies that can make a difference.

80 over 10 years versus tens of thousands in one year.

the fear mongering has you blinded to the truth.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Allen is right for once

The problem is huge and is bred & developed in tax free Xtian churches.

Far, far more people have been, maimed and killed in this country by christians  than by any other group.

Shut down their cult temples, or at least tax them.

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

"No allen, what you think is a 'risk' is non exisitent in the whole picture."

I sure the hell wouldn't see it that way if it was me or one of my family getting their heads cut off. I have avoided getting shot for 63 years. If things continue on the course they are now I wouldn't bet on being that lucky about getting blown up.

For the most part it is criminals or a holes that get shot.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Read your post and you will see what I was saying.

You are imbued with hate and fear of the very small infentesimally remote chance that someone might cut your head off while ignoring the things that put you most at risk.

as i pointed out fear has replaced reason.

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

Some of you have lost the abuility to reason.  The mall in MN is a place I could have gone to and is a place my son has been to in the past. This more than close enough for me to be concerned. Can't think of being that close to being shot in the hood because I know well enough to stay away from places like that. When it gets close to or affects you I am sure your tune will change or you will be dead.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Calm down. You are more likely to die tripping over a cat.

r3020
Senior Advisor

The hate is coming from the muslim population. Does that reap what you sow apply to muslims? When you sow terror and hate what do you expect in return?

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Was he a lutheran terrorist or a methodist terrorists? You folks are insistant that people no shy away from making the religion a part of the discussion. I wonder what percentage of american murders are committed by eacth religion.