cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: It's not Obama care causing that

They been moving jobs over seas for decades and they are doing it for two reasons. Lower labor cost and tax avoidance.

Your answer to tax avoidance is lower taxes as if they would stop avoiding the new lower rate.

For  example you have the lowest tax rates in modern history right now. But I'll bet you still try to avoid all the taxes you can. Why do you thing big business would be any different?

Another point that I think is erronious. Tax people more and they will do less working or investing. I think if taxes were higher I would work harder and look for additional opportunities to earn more, not less.

Who comes up with this kind of logic?  There have been people and businesses that have thrived on all our historical tax levels.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: jobs

And Obama or any other American would like, profit from, or otherwise enjoy being president of a third world country??  Don't you see how stupid that is??  Give ONE good reason for such a move!!!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: jobs

Anti-Colonialism.....Study it Snurrbutt.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

If you don't watch this, don't tell me you weren't warned!

This is happening right now, in your own back yards! This is only the beginning if you elect Romney. This also explains why, Romney, doesn't want Americans to see his tax returns.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45755822/ns/msnbc_tv-the_ed_show/#49397088

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: If you don't watch this, don't tell me you weren't warned!

GTO, this bird has flown.  30 yrs the American public as a whole decided that "free trade is good!" this is the environment that we`ve been living under.  30 yrs ago I never knew what a "Walmart" was, then one day one came to Mason City, then one came to Albert Lea and you could draw a 40 mile circle with a compass of small towns that dried up ..hardware stores, clothing stores, general stores closed up.  That had alot of problems people don`t realize, kids used to get after school jobs sweeping the hardware store or delivering groceries..that was "part time jobs" for kids, those have been eliminated and at the big box store people are trying to feed a family on those jobs. Many are happy, they buy $5 shirts and cheap toilet paper and they think wonders what, however textile mills, toy companies like Ertl moved overseas or Mexico because "$9/hr was too much"  now those previous workers need 3 part-time jobs with no bennies and still are on food stamps.  It affected all of us, some farmers say "free trade free trade! Do what you gotta do to move more grain and pork.  I just want another nickel for my beans!".   However GTO, what do you do as a owner of a widget company in this environment???  Your competitors have moved overseas, your widgets cost $10 to make and your competitors can make the same widget for $4. What do you GTO? Sit and keep the lights on at your factory and keep paying your workers $15/hr while losing over $6 on each widget produced??  or move overseas and somewhat keep the factory intact that`s been in your family 75yrs?   See, it`s easy to throw rocks at these companies, but when you are in this environment and have to make the weekly payroll, it ain`t so easy.  Both Republicans and Democrats let this happen and even to this day brag about how they "supported NAFTA and GAT and free trade"  for what it`s worth, I supported Pat Buchanan in the late 80`s and I voted for Ross Perot both times that he ran, I did my part and now I come on here and say "I told you so" that and 4 bucks will get you a cup of coffee at StarbucksSmiley Happy  But I don`t know how we would untangle this mess without triggering a depression, what we need is tariffs on imports.  That would have to be done gradual...don`t look for anything positive coming out of the Obama administration, he`s a free trader.  As I`ve said Romney`ll let me keep my guns, Obama won`t and that is the bottomline.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: If you don't watch this, don't tell me you weren't warned!

After all that, and what it really comes down to is the last sentence, BA? How, completely stupid is that?