cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FARM4EVER
Contributor

just so you know the IRS can read your emails without warrant

http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/292989-irs-claims-it-can-read-emails-without-a-w...

In a 2009 handbook, the IRS said the Fourth Amendment does not protect emails because Internet users "do not have a reasonable expectation of privacy in such communications." A 2010 presentation by the IRS Office of General Counsel reiterated the policy.

Does anyone think this is right?

www.farm4ever.com

130326154700.jpg

6 Replies
Samnospam
Advisor

Re: just so you know the IRS can read your emails without warrant

The NSA is collecting anything and everything you do online.
johnaa
Advisor

It is entirely wrong and The People need to stand up and control the government, like one needs to control fire.  Rights are similar to muscles, if you do not exercise them they wither away and become useless.

The forth amendment clearly defines the limit the government has in invading The Peoples privacy.  The IRS is a functionary of the government and The People have every to expect them respect our privacy regardless of the instrument we use to communicate or store our information.

The basic concept of the Constitution, the laws which form our government, is the government only has those powers and duties that are granted by the people.  That is opposite of the form of government we cast out in which the 'god given' rulers had all the power and only granted certain freedoms to their subjects.  The difference between Liberty and freedoms.

FARM4EVER
Contributor

NSA

really do you think they have a file on you and me?  glad i have been good online.  Can you answer below?

do you:

1)   think it is worth it in an attempt to not  have planes fly into buildings

2)   do you think invasion of privacy is a worse than the alternative of having attacks

3)  think big bro uses terror as an excuse to spy on everyone and if so for what reason

thanks/JHP

www.farm4ever.com

130326154700.jpg

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

And cell phones! In God we trust, all others we monitor.
GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Didn't I tell, Craigo, and Craigo's boob, to watch their 6??

Craig's Brother
Senior Contributor

@johnaa wrote:

It is entirely wrong and The People need to stand up and control the government

Piss on them.  90% of my packet traffic is encrypted to 256 bits using AES encryption.  NOBODY knows what is in there!  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Encryption_Standard