cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

keep some perspective if the hurricane hits Florida

population Florida 1950  2.81 million

population 2018 21.3 million

Why is this relevant?  Because the global warming or climate change crowd in the old media love to talk about how much worse the storms are now than in the past.  Their typical proof is the number of people affected and the amount of damage.

What isn't admitted is that much or most of Florida was uninhabited until the last 70 years.  It's only logical that there will be more people affected when there are almost 10 times as many and when the structures are fancy multi million dollar homes compared to shacks or winter trailers that were prevalent years past.  

I visited Florida in the late 60's and drove my 4wd through back country that upon my return in the late 90's was golf courses and condominiums.  

5 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: keep some perspective if the hurricane hits Florida

Somewhere I noticed an item saying the storm is lined up to hit your dear leaders Mar a Lago dead on.  That added to the story about how the hotel is suffering for business and profit. That was mentioned in relation to him calling for the G7 meeting to be there next year, the idea was he needed to bring in more business to improve the bottom line.

might be a complication if it takes a direct hit with the storm now forecast to be a category 4 hurricane when it comes on shore.

Senior Advisor

It looks like it could be like Andrew, cross over Florida and make landfall again in the Gulf. God help them all.

Senior Contributor

As usual a leftist ignores the facts and tries to change the discussion to something  irrelevant, unrelated and fallacious. 

Senior Contributor

Which god do you think is going to help them?

And if it helps anyone how would we know if it was the one?

And if it is now going to help them then why did it produce the storm?

Questions, questions, questions. Of course those who just believe never ask any questions.

Advisor

I like the preemptive AGW denial schtick.

Temps are warmer and that does result in more rainfall from these events. FLA drains pretty well compared to Houston which is a nightmare of non-zoning.

On the bright side, the solution that had a wrinkle in the subtropical ridge pulling it north, up the coast, looks to be losing favor. May produce a better end to our growing season.