cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Esteemed Advisor

looking on the bright side

if the CV mortality rate among +70 cohort is 15% and 8% 60-70,  as has been suggested, and the infection rate hits 50%+, there will no longer be a future SS and Medicare "crisis."

Although Very Serious People would need to move on to a new (or old) problem, like deficits when Democrats are in the WH.

6 Replies
sdholloway56
Esteemed Advisor

Re: looking on the bright side

And has someone suggested over at marketing, shale a lot of ground loose for the youngsters.

sdholloway56
Esteemed Advisor

Might also be a problem that the youngest remaining presidential candidate is 71.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

That wish might just be visited on you and those you care about.  Tread lightly.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(looking on the bright side if the CV mortality rate among +70 cohort is 15% and 8% 60-70,  as has been suggested, and the infection rate hits 50%+, there will no longer be a future SS and Medicare "crisis.")

What was jay inslee saying and suing err doing about and to Trump these past 3 years when he should of been taking care of his state?  

r3020
Senior Advisor

If it's spread by human feces San Francisco is doomed.

sdholloway56
Esteemed Advisor

Thinking about that on account of how back many years ago I was a Very Serious Person and would go on about SS and Medicare obligations and a friend used to say, don't worry about it, plenty of time for an epidemic.

In fact it might be me in the mortality statistics- watching my wife battle the flu recently I realize it all gets to be a whole 'nuther game at some point. I'd apparently acquired immunity to that strain (which the vaccine didn't get) at some point or the other. Probably back a long time ago when there were sows farrowing or something and you just got through it.

But my first point of interest upon hearing that the new bug had pandemic potential was to learn what the age related mortality stats were.  All things being equal, something like the 1918 flu that killed young people would be much, much worse.